Do Not Shard Players

yeah i have yet to see him provide a source that shows the majority WANT sharding.
what i see is the majority accepting that sharding will probably be used at launch. they also want to contain it to launch only. and then be gone. forever.

3 Likes

It was correct before you attempted to fix it.

1 Like

then show us your source. because you keep saying the majority wants it on all 3 sites. but right here on these very forums the majority seem to be against it.
the only people actively for using sharding are you and ziryus.
everyone else seems to grudgingly accept using it in the short term to aleviate the tourism issue.

2 Likes

Well theoretically if this only stays in the starting zones it’s a non issue. But either way the number of resources stays relatively the same to the number of players.

not in the slightest.
lets say each zone generates x herbs.
and each zone, when all the shards are factored in, is basically now 3 zones.
you’d end up having 3 times the normal number of herbs.

2 Likes

And you have 3 times as many players gathering and using them. But then that’ll only matter if after the initial rush there’s still too many players , at which point it’ll be interesting to see what blizzard does.

Ok Fallanaa,

Lets take this singular thread were in right now. I’ve counted 20 people who are against shardng and 4 people who are for sharding. So in this singular thread 20% want it, 80% do not want sharding. So yes the vocal MINORITY wants sharding and are making any excuse and half truth in order to fit their narrative as to why sharding is necessary. Now go look at any other anti sharding thread the findings will be consistent with what we saw in this singular thread.

But the simple FACT remains WoW, TBC, and Wrath all survived and FLORISHED without sharding.

NO SHARDING BLIZZARD!

4 Likes

LOL. Nah. But, you keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night.

I will, because I want to see tons of players playing the game, lagging the servers, filling the chat, crashing the world server over and over AND OVER AND OVER!

I want to enjoy the utter chaos of so many players grouping into 5 mans, mad dashing about to get that ever so important tag, while 80% of the players don’t even understand the importance of weapon skills or wands.

Because even without allowing sharding, the servers will get better as players filter out slowly. Nobody needs to hit 60 first week, though many will try. You might be surprised how important it is to have as many people in an area as possible when it comes time to doing certain Elite quests. Or to fight off the Horde. Or do just meet strangers and play with another person to get that quest done faster.

And if resource competition is an issue let it be one. Blizzard has shown numerous times they can’t handle balancing a game economy when they meddle and dispense gold rewards (The Garrisons proved that).

Sadly I doubt Blizzard will care about this. They will almost certainly include sharding at lowbie zones for launch. Then they will likely put it into the rest of the zones sans Capitals because of “reasons” and Classic Retail will be dead.

4 Likes

Hopefully so.

No evidence of this. More fearmongering.

Unlikely.

1 Like

Sharding, no sharding, it doesn’t honestly bother me at all. It’s a very overrated issue imo.

3 Likes

This is pure nonsense Fallanaa. MMO clearly entails more than “many people playing at once”. Most video games have many people playing… By your definition Battlefield V is the newest hottest MMO

5 Likes

Also the reasoning behind the changes that made the game the way it is today.

You’re right. Your response is pure nonsense, and a strawman at that.

Battlefield V isn’t a persistent world. :slight_smile: But keep believing you MUST interact with everyone on a server all the time for it to be a MMO, if that helps you sleep at night.

1 Like

It’s the experience that was Classic WoW. Seeing everyone that’s on your server.

2 Likes

Actually, from reading between the lines… Classic WoW will have sharding at least at launch. Vanilla did not have sharding, however it also didn’t have the tech for sharding, so that point has no relevance on Classic.

No Sharding! I understand Blizz wants cut the lag/DC’s, but sharding is the wrong solution. Keep Classic classy yall.

4 Likes

It’s only a strawman if you start arguing about whether or not battlefield v is an MMO. My point was your perception of what an MMO is seems to be drastically different than most people’s. Again, YOU said MMO just means there are lots of players playing at the same time. I seriously disagree with that notion, and I think most people would likely agree. Interaction with other players, in particular the ability for natural/organic interaction with other people through gameplay, is an inherent part of an MMO.

People are worried that sharding diminishes those opportunities. You’ve clearly stated you disagree, but that doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong.

3 Likes

Perhaps not. However some posters seem to be insinuating that it isn’t a MMO if you aren’t forced into interacting with everyone on the server all the time. Which is not the case.

But you aren’t actually forced to interact. Sharding might take away the opportunities for interaction for other people, who actually want that part of the game. Having no sharding just makes things crowded. You clearly don’t like the crowding, because for you other people aren’t a part of the game you’re interested in, but those crowds are an inherent part of the game. It’s okay to not like playing in over crowded settings, so pick a low pop server, wait 2 weeks to start your character, go grind boars instead of questing in Northshire Abbey, whatever, but don’t advocate for fundamental changes to the game. World of Warcraft is crowded. It just is.

2 Likes