Do "Life" Elementals exist?

We have elemental type creatures for every other cosmic power. Lightspawn, Arcane elementals, Voidwalkers, Fel Fire elementals, and death Elementals (as seen in the Maw).

Has anyone seen an elemental composed entirely of life energy, and if not, why do you speculate that life energy does not coalesce into an elemental form like all the other cosmic powers?

1 Like

We havenā€™t gotten into the Lifelands/Gardens of Life xpac yet so we will see one in 2-4 years.

1 Like

I thought that was the Emerald Dream?

Lifelands is the short hand lore speculators have been using (Shadowlands, etc)

Gardens of Life is the term used in Maldraxxus to refer to some past battle when the forces of Life invaded Maldraxxus

Emerald Dream is Azeroth-specific, but Lady Moonberry uses the term ā€œEmeraldā€ to refer to beings of Life in general when she talks about Ysera and is trying to convince the Winter Queen to revive her sisterā€™s pet.

Iā€™m not too familiar with this story but I wanted to throw it out there: perhaps the overgrowth in alternate Draenor would be similar. Other than that I guess Chi orbs would be the closest thing we have. It is kind of ironic that life doesnā€™t have a sentient manifestation in game yet.

The Emerald Dream could very well be to the Plane of Life what the ā€˜Shadowlandsā€™ we go into when we die on Azeroth is to the actual Shadowlands.

We need to be careful about the word ā€˜elemental.ā€™ Only the Elements, as in the six elemental magics (fire, water, air, earth, spirit, decay) make an Elemental in the truest sense of the word.

But oftentimes the word ā€˜elementalā€™ is used to just mean any kind of magic that is an animate blob of that magic. Like, we see ā€œDeath elementalsā€ in the sense that they are animated Death magic, but they are not Elementals in the stricter sense of the word.

So sure, there are probably Life ā€œelementals,ā€ but, as a Shaman, my eye twitches at such incorrect usage of the word.

2 Likes

I only use it because thatā€™s how they are classified in game.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/608513789944684544

Blood Elementals are pretty much Life Elementals by nature. Other Life Elementals might appear in WoW of courseā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, theyā€™re called Treants.

I donā€™t think that Motes stuff from vanilla still applies. As it was before they wrote our current 6 force cosmology.

Could be a life elemental, we just havenā€™t seen them. Or maybe the elements are actually off the life lands? Cause they are required to sustain life in a sense.

I always thought the assumed explanation based on Chronicle was that the six Elements were like ā€˜compositeā€™ magics, whereas the six main ones are fundamentally existent. The Elements are deeper in the Chronicle circle, maybe it means theyā€™re just made of combinations of the other outside magics.

There seems to be something separating the two groups, since Shaman canā€™t exactly call on the fundamental magics; only the Elements. And I donā€™t buy that Spirit and Decay are essentially the same as Life and Death now, like a certain goblin shaman would claim with no evidence.

Treants/Ancients are Life elementals.

3 Likes

Probably, yes. We didnā€™t ever see flat out death elementals until Shadowlands in the Maw and Maldraxxus, so the Life realm (which is apparently called the Gardens of Life) very likely has some inside of it that weā€™ve never seen as well.

1 Like

Wait in which questline was it mentioned? Or is it during the Maldraxxus-campaign?

So now we have the Garden of Life (Life), the Shadowlands (Death)ā€¦I wonder if the other realms also get some specific names.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a quest tucked in one corner of maldraxxus thatā€™s really hard to miss, but one of the NPCs mention how the Garden of life basically has a bad habit of snooping around and trying I guess to tidy the place up a bit

1 Like