Do I need to be good at dragon riding?

I’m coming back after two years. I have this level 70 boosted toon. I know I need to do a couple quests to learn dragon riding, but then I could go straight to new expansion. Or, would it be better for me to run a toon through Dragonflight and get good at it? Like get all the glyphs, etc? TIA

I was sure that boosted Level 70s were given Dragonriding/Skyriding without having to do the intro quests.

Does your Level 70 have it?

Open your list of Mounts. On the top bar in the middle there should be a Skyriding button. On a dropdown from that is “Switch Flight Styles” that switches between regular flight and Skyriding.

If you do have Skyriding, do you start with 3 charges of Vigor, or 6? If you start with 6, then you have the Skyriding talents, and don’t have to hunt the Dragonriding Glyphs to fill in your talent tree.

1 Like

If you don’t have all the glyphs yet, you can skip DF and collect them in TWW. They’re exactly the same ones but feel easier to collect (imo).

1 Like

I’m not sure about that, from the point of view of a new 70 with no Glyphs to start.

I’ve been collecting the TWW ones as I go. They give no extra Skyriding talents when you have filled your tree, but there’s an achievement and a mount.

In Dragonflight, only one glyph gave me any trouble - the one on top of the tallest point in Thaldraszus. That wasn’t really trouble, exactly, but I had to rest 4 or 5 times on the way up because I was short of Vigor. Maybe if I had left that one until last, it would have been easier. And a couple of the glyphs took me two or three lunges to hit accurately.

Nothing in TWW so far has given me any trouble at all, and I could say they did feel easier to collect, but in TWW I already have my full talents, and a lot of experience with Dragonriding.

There is maybe no Apex Glyph like the one at the top of the mountain in Thaldraszus, but I do seem to recall one very high one somewhere; it just wasn’t a a problem with full talents.

I’m sure you could do either set of Glyphs - or, for that matter, some of the easy ones from Dragon Isles and some from Ktaz Algar.

Either way, it’s not really a thing. It will take maybe an hour.

1 Like