Do I just have a bad rep on this server that I am unaware of?

Or are Tankadins in general just mistrusted? I just joined an AQ20 pug that told me that I would only be tanking trash, and healing on Ossirian, despite the fact that Ossirian is immune to taunt. I’ve either been kicked out of every guild I’ve joined , or left after being told to respec Holy or never be invited to another raid; always before I even get a chance to tank anything beyond trash. Aymee from , by comparison, had a similar uphill battle, but his RL now WANTS him to tank.

After hearing about that, I got to thinking, “Maybe it’s just me?” Trolling, memespecs, and LOLprot aside, do I just have a bad rep on this server that I don’t know about?

If you want me to message you in game with some feedback I will. I have played with you on my alliance. I am not about to say anything on here.

I will say though that the basic answer is the same as why ret paladins will not get invited to PVP premades for the most part, people want to have what has the most chance to help them succeed. Prot paladins are not that. People want the best chance of beating the encounter without wiping. So at the core, that’s your answer.

Hey my dude I think you are looking at it the wrong way.
It’s all about the value that you will bring to a group, a raid, or a guild.

You gotta ask yourself that question.
Also, it’s important to set and manage expectations. It’s honestly all about attitude.

I think this post (even though it’s aimed as the Retribution crowd) sums it up nicely.

I do think the Retribution Paladins have it easier than the Protection Paladins though - we do very well in PvP, 5-man, and 20-man raids.
We can pull our weight in 40-man with some work and gear (although I think it is moronic to triage Retribution Paladins as only DPS - it’s still a Paladin with an immense utility)

Also, I know you don’t want it but you should really take consecrate to fill the AoE tank niche :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s true that Cons is immensely useful. The reason I don’t like taking it is because in Vanilla, the only piece of gear optimized for SoR tanking is TF, and having shot myself in the foot with Bag Space over TF, I have less than no desire to ask my current guild for one. Blizz clearly intended for SoC to be the Tankadin seal, post 1.9, as even with a caster weapon, Cons and SoR both do little more than base damage.

That said, I do own a Flurry Ace with +30 spelldmg in case I ever do need to get Cons. That said, I offered to respec into Cons with every guild that demanded I go Holy, and was basically told that it was their way (as in respec Holy) or the highway. Unwilling to abandon the driving factor behind my coming to Classic in the first place, I chose the highway.

What got me to thinking I might have had a bad rep on this server was the fact that an AQ20 PuG RL told me that I would be healing on Ossirian, despite the fact that Tankadins are actually optimal for that fight. Then again, this server in general seems to have a rather poor opinion of Raidtankadins, so I wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong or if the “Shut up and heal” mentally (which I have been proving to be incorrect since pservers) was rearing it’s ugly head.

Moo, when I tanked a 5-man for you, it wasn’t that Scholo run I did with Develop right before leaving EXILES, was it?