Do I have to complete the Battle of Dazar'alor quest to continue the main storyline?

So I know with this patch there are new main storyline/war campaign quests, but none are popping up for me. I’m afraid it’s because I haven’t completed the Battle for Dazar’alor quest (defeat Jaina).

I’ve never actually raided before, but I’m prepared to dive into LFR if that’s what it takes to unlock these new quests. I’m just wanting to double check if it’s 100% necessary and there’s not anything I’m missing before I actually do that. Thanks!

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to. I didn’t on Alliance side.

I don’t have an answer to your question, but trust me when I say LFR is some of the easiest content in the game. You can jump in there and literally not do anything, and you’ll get the clear. Don’t stress about it.

1 Like

I pretty much only raid on LFR since I’m mostly a solo player. I truly enjoyed the Battle for Dazar’alor.

4 Likes

As far as i know. Yes you want to do the whole storyline. You must clear the raid once. Just do lfr.

Mechanically the last part of lfr does need some actual competence. So read the journal or watch videos to not be worthless. Itherwise the rest is pretty easy.

You only gotta do the final part so you don’t even have to do all 4 wings as just the final part with gnome water thing and jania

And in that you only have to do the last part with making jania run away not even the other bosses

I don’t have the quest for Horde available to me either. I put in a ticket last night to see what they say, but I’m still waiting.

I had the quest on Alliance side without doing the raid, so I don’t know why Horde would have to do it while Alliance doesn’t have to.

1 Like

Ay, first clear and helpful answer on here! Thank you.

If you remember to, would you mind posting here again with their answer? I was so excited to do these quests but I just don’t see them anywhere. I did the quests for Gallywix/Gazlowe and went to Tanaris, but after that it’s just dead. Nothing.

This was the answer I got:

Game Master Dyndranis here, thanks for reaching out to me today.

I understand that you had questions about your War Campaign and figuring out where to go next.

Game Master cannot give out hints but if you use both https://www.wowhead.com/attunement#us-whisperwind-enyla and https://www.wowhead.com/horde-war-campaign it should help in pointing you in the right direction

Nothing about clarifying that yes Horde has to do the raid and Alliance doesn’t. Very frustrating.

Wow, great customer service blizz thanks lol. I asked them myself too, I’m waiting for an answer.

I went ahead and jumped in LFR and did the raid anyway, so now it’s more about saying my curiosity which…I probably won’t be able to do if they’re sending out canned answers like this.

I’ve heard people in other forums saying that the Alliance DOES have to raid for these quests, or that they had to raid earlier to get an earlier quest, so…I just kind of wish I knew the answer to this :confused: Thanks for the help though!

Horde has to complete the battle in order to continue while the Alliance does not.

:cookie:

Thats dumb but then some of the new races had to run dungeons to ulock while others didnt. I didnt have to run the raid ally side, havent done it horde side yet. Plus your invisable to me grumbles?

Blizzard is mad at me and certain other being and has made us ethereal… I dunget it. And I don’t understand the balance issues between unlocks.

:cookie: