Do i bother leveling a shadowpriest>?

Do i bother leveling a Spriest? or will they be rubbish in 9.2, its too early to say i know but like whats going on with legos.

disc would be my 2nd option

It’s too early to say.
But shadow priest tier bonus looks fun

1 Like

I am hoping for covenant legendary tuning before I make my decision. I really love NF Spriest but the covenant legendary is so bad its basically obliterating NF out of existence and forcing me to go Necrolord.

2 Likes

You’ll have the most success playing a class you find fun. Ever since late legion when I first tried shadow priest, I really can’t play anything else anymore because everything else feels boring now

The only reason I didn’t main Shadow this xpack is because I don’t like any of the Covenant abilities and I find the Legendaries to be of uninspired design.

1 Like

I don’t know about raiding (they seemed to do ok at the beginning of SL) but I can tell you just playing one, in general, is pretty fun.

I started mine off Kyrian, but recently switched to Night Fae and had (and am having) loads of fun. From what I understand current NF is BiS and Necro is just “ok”. I wouldn’t even bother with Venthyr if you are concerned about power.

1 Like

Necro is bis, NF is ok, and until 9.2 you can play anything without being majorly behind.

After 9.2 it’s only necro that even gets a consistent measurable DPS increase from their second legendary.

Who cares if it sucks? Just have fun.

1 Like

Shadow will still be strong for PvP but we aren’t gaining much in terms of powers compared to other classes.

We don’t benefit as much from 2 legendaries in terms of damage as shadow legendaries werent that great. We’ve got Messured Contemplation which is good for big heals or otherwise Shadowflame Prism.

Shadowflame Prism is actually going to be decent damage though but it requires you to play mind bender to get the most benefit and it’s directly buffed with our new 2 set which will give additional instant mind blasts so I suspect Necro with Palid and Prism will be the way to go in pve and also pvp if you want pure damage.

The tier set itself seems like it could be good for rot comps but again… yet to see its damage of the dot. Instant mind blasts hit for nothing but with the Prism legendary it directly buffs that.