Do high elves have a higher population than blood elves?

Eh, I agreed with everything until this part. Because as far as I recall Blizzard never gave number to those who joined Kael or not.

As per Blizzard there are more void elves then high elves(dumb but whatever) assuming that was the case then I would say at least 20% of the elves are Alliance leaning.

1 Like

First line. 85% on Azeroth, 15% on Outland.

I don’t recall them ever outright stating this, more Ion just fumbling to name any particular group of HEs the VEs might have siphoned their numbers from instead (read: forgetting the Silver Covenant exists).

7 Likes

Then my mistake.

Except they didn’t siphon from them, or more precisely they are getting new void elves from both blood and high elves as shown by what is going on in Telargus(the assumption is the majority of them were blood elves because the original void elves were blood elves). also, this was more of a way for Ion to clumsily explain why void elves were a thing and not high elves.

1 Like

That source isn’t canon, it’s been deleted for a reason.

I like how this person runs to the lore section of the forums to cry, and then when they get ONE answer that they like, using the SAME source I debunked already, they come back to me and say “SEE. THE LORE PLAYERS DON’T AGREE WITH YOU”.

Despite the fact most of the people I see here are calling the numbers pointless.

Jesus you are just DESPERATE aren’t you Melancholy?

I think the fact that you’ve still given no sources

Despite several people asking you, while you maintain that you also disregard dev statements and refuse to acknowledge any retcons that you cannot really be upset someone fact checked a situation they wanted clarity on.

Why is it Melancholy’s fault for wanting clarity on the wild claims you made?

4 Likes

By all logic there are more High Elves than Blood Elves.

Change my mind.

Prove to me you have one.

15 Likes

…and here they come!

This is a silly thread.

7 Likes

Their presence in Dalaran has been severely reduced in number when comparing Legion with Wrath. The Quel’thelion Lodge in the Eastern Plaguelands was eliminated almost all to the last elf, and the Horde attacked the High Elf lodge by Aerie Peak. The one High Elf in Auberdine was no doubt still on the long pier when DeathWing swept it away. so they’ve been continuing to take hits even post-Arthas. Suramar is the last time that the High Elves show in strength and I have the feeling that they had to pull from everywhere else to do so. At this point the only place where you might see more than a couple together is the Allerian Stronghold and even there it’s Humans that make up the most of the population.

2 Likes
11 Likes

In legion, we got worgen guarding the alliance inn and portal area instead of high elves that were there in Wrath. Like you an others said, whatever the high elves numbers are, they’re small and spread out :wolf:

7 Likes

See, that’s why scholastic discussions about textual evidence to support lore are always bound to fail. Blizzard just does whatever they want.

3 Likes

Numbers don’t matter. Void Elves are literally a squad and they were fielding numbers & taking massive losses all throughout BFA as well. I don’t understand why only High Elves are held to this standard. Where if they don’t show up every single expansion or are always in the spotlight, it means they’re all dead or neutral. No other subfaction is held to this standard. And even then, Void Elves got High Elven customization options now. Whether that’s to represent O.G High Elves, High Elves taking up the void, or both. They have the options to look like them now. So i don’t know what the point of trying to deny High Elves is.

The Dalaran thing i don’t even understand as a point for why the High Elves are somehow less in number. A big point of the Alliance vs Horde conflict in Legion was the Worgen vs the Forsaken. So they revamped the city to make those the soldiers protecting each factions respective district in the city.

3 Likes

No one really cares or talks about any subfaction as much as this one. I gather that High Elves simply don’t represent a choice that Blizzard is interested in working with… they’re simply vanilla elves that for the most part ARE ALREADY A PLAYER OPTION. The issue was that the player option was a Horde one. Blood Elves ARE High Elves with nothing more than a minor cosmetic change that is no longer even mandatory.

5 Likes

A more interesting question is the population of the Night Elves vs. the Blood Elves.

Of course we don’t really know. But my guess it, narratively at least, they are both “significant populations that have been decimated”.

One can argue that the decimation of the Sin’dorei might have been greater (90% vs. “we have no numbers”? And most fractions are less than 90%) And the population before hand might have been higher for the Night Elves (only a fraction of the population of Quel’dorei were exiled, but that was 10,000 years ago?). Though even this vague level of detail is not one I think Blizzard bothers with.

Delusion. ConVINCE yourself…

Arguably the Quel’dori should have outnumbered them by the time of Arthas. Not being immortal, they would have been breeding more and have had multiple generations the Night Elves barely have more than one.