Do dead dracthyr go to the shadowlands?

I’d ask if they have a soul (yes could be a book of its own) But considering Earthen became Dwarves and stone became flesh and that had souls apparently i’d argue yes they do. But that could be due to the Old Gods.

I was going to say old god minions go to the Shadowlands but they might just be evolved bugs rather then made creatures.

Why would it be relevant since we’ve closed the Shadowlands story and the Dracthyr were revived after we fixed the afterlife and the Arboter before the Dracthyr were revived?

Because Role Players

Old God / Void related beings were in the soul stream, you could hear them screaming stuff in Shath’Yar. Really, any being with a mortal soul goes to the shadowlands naturally. Otherwise, they need an outside force to reroute them ala Elune sending Ysera to Ardenweald. Or I suppose Denathrius (via his dreadlords) sending poor Argus to the Shadowlands for further torment even though he very definitely did not belong there.

My extrapolation based on Kyrian lore is that G’Hanir could serve as an afterlife of a sort, but only so long as it was alive. When it died with Aviana, in theory all the mortal souls bound to it were severed from it and would of been thrown into the shadowlands for normal processing. As it has recovered, it should be able to do the job again.

Then you roleplay that death is a mystery or just put a big white sheet over them ad have them go. OOOOOOOOO.

I don’t think Avaina welcomes anything with wings unless it’s demonstrably of the bird family… no bats, no flying squirrels, and probably no bargain basement dragons either. She’s pretty much one of the touchy and grouchy sort… would you REALLY want to spend eternity with her?

it was a mystery until Shadowlands. I mainly think people might think ‘So they have souls, when they die do they appear as ghosts ICly’ But no, Avaina has too many feathers XD

It’s relevant because it adds more depth to the story. Dracthyr are a new race, so there’s still quite a bit we don’t know about them.

Let’s try to keep this discussion good-faith instead of being dismissive :slight_smile:. I don’t play the game for RP but I do enjoy a good story!

There’s a journal entry in-game that describes the Dracthyr as “living, sentient beings” and not automata. When you take that into account alongside the visible emotions & free thought Dracthyr have shown in the game, they probably do have souls. But I’m a new player so there might be something with soul lore that I’m missing!

4 Likes

Except G’hnir is long gone and dead. And if anything I suspect is more “Shadowlands adjacent” as oppose to an actual afterlife in the same way Hall of Valor is.

It was restored around the time of Warlords or Legion I believe. I forgot which one mentions it though. As Aviana wanted to find a way to invite all Arrakoa who died a spot under the Great Bough

1 Like

It doesnt say it was restored. G’hnir the tree is still there but dead. Meaning Aviana still wants to restore it and give every flighted create a place to stay under its Great Bough(which can still exist even if the tree is still dead). And I just checked Warcraft wiki and the thought the tree is alive is abit more speculation rather then hard lore.

Almost half of the races on Azeroth are artificial in one way or another but they all go to SL as far as we’re aware. Also please stop discussing SL like it’s canon or something.

Which makes sense because they are birds. Avianna tends birds, not reptiles, nor dragons.

We won’t know what happens to Dracthyr or anyone else after they die because the Shadowlands are once again properly sealed from the living.

1 Like

Doesn’t the branch of G’hanir survive?

Even if it survived, the branch, like the rest of the Legion artifacts, have lost its power.