Do Arms warriors use the Slam ability anymore?

Seems like its a dead ability now? Do you even have this ability on your bar on your arms warrior?

Far as I know, it’s a filler when you have bad luck and nothing has proc’ed for you.

3 Likes

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes, but more letters after.

1 Like

Is it worth buffing it via talents?

That I don’t really know. I never got real into Arms. I don’t think so but take my words with a grain of salt.

If you’re in a position where you’re Slamming, you messed up.

4 Likes

Slam is a waste, better off talenting into Rend and Thunderclap and using Thunderclap to apply and keep Rend up on multiple targets.

Thunderclap hits harder too, my Thunderclap hits for 9,928 vs. Slam at 7363.

1 Like

Well that depends. If you take the slam talents, I see my slam get like 20k+ crits.

If you don’t have it on your bars, you’re probably missing a good filler that can be used when Overpower and Mortal Strike are on cooldown, and Rend is already on the target. (And of course Colossus Smash)

Due to talents, doesn’t it do more damage than Thunderclap? Granted I’m playing a Warrior in a PvP setting, not trying to AoE all the time as is with M+.

I only use Thunderclap in AoE scenarios, when I’m trying to spread Rend around, and whenever it’s off cooldown.

There’s also a talent that increases Slam damage by 30%, but increases Rage cost by 10.

I’m usually Slamming as a filler rather than Thunder Clap, but I’m usually also fighting single targets.

1 Like

True but Thunderclap crits will hit for that and add Rend AND do it to multiple targets AND apply a slow to everything hit by it.

Too good to pass up for a single target attack.

1 Like

No.

Slam base damage without talents does less damage than the initial rend damage for the same rage cost. If you ever hit a section where you might have to press slam (ms/op/ww/tc all on cd) you could always leap charge to gen some rage.

Even with taking all of the talents that buff slam - which is a bad design because any other talent point is better served on anything else - you never hit a dead spot where you will be using slam enough for it to deal useful damage.

Arms has enough rage gen, it spends its rage either to buff test of might during a cs window or reset overpower.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m just relearning my warrior (not really played him since MoP) and your post sent me on a quest to understand more of these multi-tiered interactions. Pretty cool. Raidbots also agrees, no slam to speak of, my sim spit out one slam in 5 minutes.

Interesting that Ignore Pain was used during the cs window to burn rage and I presume to buff this test of might thing…

1 Like

You know what i hate about this ability? The animation on my Pandaren Warrior.

That’s not a slam. That’s tickling the enemy. :laughing:

THIS, is a slam. :point_down:

1 Like