DKP. legit or not legit?

Scoping out a guild right now that gives baseline points per boss kill, that sounds reasonable. Points for being on time. Also reasonable. Then extra points per x amount of gold donated to the guild bank, then bids being mandatory on BOE’s rather than owned by finder, then x amount extra for being top dps. These last few seem like red flags. I’ve never seen this before- is this how guilds work?

DKP is kind of antiquated.
Gear is far easier to come by so strict loot policies aren’t really needed.
Especially with M+ in play.
But it really comes down to the integrity of those running the guild and you’ll have to watch for examples of their honesty.

1 Like

DKP was a thing in the past
but when gear is easy to get it was pushed to the side

They give you points for giving them gold? Man, that’s a sweet gig. Well maybe not sweet, a bit off on the nose, actually. They would get my gold over my dead tiny body.

2 Likes

There’s good guilds that’ll funnel gear to the players who most benefit from it for the good of the guild and everybody is on board with this because the goal is progression

Then there’s rat guilds where everybody is just fighting for the next upgrade with little to no consideration for overall guild progress or basically anybody but themselves

DKP doesn’t really have a purpose these days.

1 Like

It does seem odd given that other posters are saying the system is antiquated.

I can see it being useful for high end guilds though. Is it so antiquated that the only function of it would be for abuse for lower end guilds?

Does it feel a little better to reward guildies that do what they need to do consistently? Yes. But gear isn’t hard to get.

Any guild saying donate gold to get extra is just leaving itself open for RMT for that gold and then you go down with the rest of them and then pray they listen to your appeals.

I’m not even worried about RMT. Any decent crafter or AH guru could buy their way into priority drops, including boe’s to sell. Ya, the more I talk it out here, the more sketchy it’s looking.

2 Likes

Problem is, other people are lazy and may go after RMT for their gold, which gets thrown in the pot with your gold, which then might lead to something that Blizz may start banning accounts for and then you have to sit through a bunch of appeals to get your account back.

Wait, what im I giving you for gold?
I thought this game was rated T.

Jokes aside, DKP isnt too old, i made this toon barely a year ago =P

It’s kinda the opposite, DKP is the worst thing for higher guilds to be doing because it goes against the idea of increasing the potential of the raid as a whole by the largest amount per item acquired.

That guild would be nothing but trouble. DKP is a super toxic, cancerous way to do loot in runs. Find a different guild.

DKP itself is legit, though rarely used anymore these days.

This, though? :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: So many :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:s, for multiple reasons. If you’re still scoping them out, I’d peace out immediately.

BoEs being given out to raiders the same as BoP gear I’ve seen before, or even being sold by the GM or an officer to fund consumables for the raid in the first few weeks too, and is usually fine - as long as it’s understood and agreed upon in advance.

Extra points for being top DPS could go either way, but seems like it would promote cheesing stuff vs promoting healthy play like following all mechanics, even ones that make you stop DPS temporarily, interrupting, etc. Not an outright red flag like the donation one, but could be problematic if not implemented well.

Overall, and based solely on the information you provided in your post, I’d 100% pass on this guild with zero hesitation.

2 Likes

dkp has been around since vanilla.

High end guilds don’t use dkp never have. Its given to the player who gets the most benefit out of it for the sake of progression threw the tier. Once the tier is on farm then its raining loot and everyone will get the items they want.