DK Visuals & Animations Megapost

I loved the whole bloody unholy frenzy animation from WoTLK, really fit thematically with DKs.

I would love a glyph to change the way my ghoul looks during dark transformation. In Legion when you had the abomination pet, you got the festergut and rotface models for your pet during dark transformation. They looked so much better than the goofy, normal dark transformation appearance.

Would love to have presences back, swapping between them felt meaty and they had nice graphics.

I actually love anti magic shell’s graphic, if they changed it at all I would want a glyph to preserve the current one.

Death and Decay should look more pronounced. One thing I liked about the old spell animation is how strong the glow effect was on the ground.

2 Likes

I shall commit a necromancy on this thread.

Ive edited the original post to include a plea to implement Anduin’s ground stab animation for death knights. Because it’s cool.

I have also made an edit to the Wraithwalk suggestions as well, because a proper moving hover animation is in game, its just only tied to priests at the moment.

9/1/22 Ive updated the post for the Blood Drinker talent.

7 Likes

This is a great post, thanks for taking the time to provide pictures and videos as well. God Inhate the golf swing animation for Scourge Strike.

Shaman storm strike cycle through animations so it looks like a combo. It’s visually pleasing. Please fix blizzard.

2 Likes

I worry that I may have too much in the post, but I want the class to look as cool as it can be.

1 Like

Just posted these in another thread, but I think these would look great for Bloodworms.

The talent could be improved by allowing the Bloodworms to gain a stacking buff to deal increasing damage, with a certain number of stacks triggering the transformation into the second appearance. In this way you would get more offense and an amazing looking minion out of situations where you’re able to stay above 50% health.

1 Like

i like these suggestions

I logged into PTR to play with the talents (no beta grrrr) and I swear they changed the Wraith Walk animation for the better. You hold the weapon better on your shoulder. Check it out.

Sadly, wraithwalk is unchanged on Beta. The character always held the weapon over the shoulder, but uses the MonkIdle animation which is intended for longer weapons like polearms or staves.

Notice how the weapon’s hilt is far away from the character’s hand? Thats the biggest issue I have. There are some 2-handed weapons that have a slightly longer hilt, so it’s not as noticeable when wielding those.

Weapons with shorter handles/hilts, 1-handed weapons being the big offender, were not designed for that particular animation as shown in the original post.

5 Likes

Made some changes to the post to reflect the Raise Dead spell and Dark Transformation.

I’ve made this same thread on the Dragonflight Beta Test forums, so please be sure to support the thread if interested in this topic.

2 Likes

Or after Shadowlands we can use the maldraxxus bubble effect.

This has to be satire, no way you think blizzard will put this much effort

Oh we KNOW. But we can still HOPE.

Sad, isn’t it?

Everything I posted utilizes assets that already exist in game, so implementation of most of what I posted shouldnt be that difficult. Only thing that would be a brand new animation is the Lich King ground stab animation, but it was too cool to not include.

Do I actually expect them to read my post and take my suggestions into consideration?

7 Likes

Quite possibly one of the best posts I’ve ever seen in a class forum.

Very good and hope Blizzard hires you.

3 Likes

Updated the initial post, mostly because Ive been seeing more talk of DK spell effects recently.

Added the following to the list:

Glacial Advance
Enduring Strength
Shattering Blade
Bone Shield

8 Likes

These are all great ideas!

I also think it would be amazing if we could “tame” new minions that we find out in the world similar to the way Hunters tame new pets.

They could call it Dominate Undead and they could even add pet families if they wanted to get fancy with it.
I just want a lich to follow me around and toss frost bolts at my enemies. :ghost:

1 Like

While the purpose of my post is to simply visually enhance the abilities and talents we already have, this would be cool to have.

1 Like

Blizz needs to stop shoving the Condemn animation where it doesn’t belong. Obliterate looks good with a 2h weapon, but it looks awful while dual wielding.

Also they need to update Glacial Advance’s animation already. The updated version is in the game’s files and it looks drastically better than live.

2 Likes

Very high quality post. Interesting to see that most of the stuff is already in the game so maybe its easier to implement.