DK PVP Rep Sad

I wish they would get rid of chill streak to be honest. The ability is just too random. I had it bounce of a shaman then waste the rest of the bounces on his goat wolves.

How is that an issue with the ability? It sounds more like the shaman knew what they were doing (possibly) to prevent Chill Streak from doing damage primarily to them.

Do people just not want to have counterplay to what they are doing and just want everyone to hit for 50k and whoever does it first wins? I just dont get it.

Chill streak was my counter play to the wolves because it’s completely useless on a single target. The problem is the targeting is completely random and unreliable. Do you not get that?

It’s also the least thematic dk ability.

1 Like

Yeah, it bounces to random targets, you have no control over the bounces so why use it to counter wolves? I mean you cant blame the ability when you know how it works and used it to do something it was unlikely to do.

Now you are saying don’t use it in a multi target situation which is the only time it’s useful?

you gotta grip players together with sleet/absoluteZero to do the chillstreak combo… using it on pets is really a last resort kinda move, and its very RNG.
there is no issue with it currently targeting random units, it allows other players to counter the bust of the ability. you just gotta not let them counter, by knowing when to use it optimally.

It was a 1v1 at this point. So much of frost pvp seems tied to the ability so when the chance came to use it I had to.

The issue is its targeting is random and random abilities aren’t good for pvp. Even when you do line up a good one it only takes one target taking two steps away to undo it.

It would be much better suited to being a pve ability but even there the design of a dk bouncing a little ball around seems stupid.

chillstreak is trash for 1v1…if the shaman dropped pets during chillstreak thats their muck up, because even if its hitting the pets 50% of the time its still extra dmage he takes that he otherwise shouldnt.

dont get me wrong. I think chillstreak is a crappy ability for most of our pvp throughtput to be tied to. It’s too easily countered. But I think the randomness of its bounces is the least of the issues.

The more targets you add, the more that it can bounce to other than the target that you want it to bounce to. Making Chill Streak as effective as possible is the goal.

The best scenario for it to really be effective against an enhancement shaman would be when they use earth ele. Then there are 2 targets for it to bounce between and it has no other choice but to bounce back to its previous target.

You wouldnt use Chill Streak on a demo lock surrounded by imps, at least I wouldnt because there can be 8 imps out easily, then their dogs and their pets its not an effective damage source to target the warlock with.

Also, 6 yards is apparently melee range, or the max distance that a melee can attack from. Looks like in actuality 3 yards if translated to real life or roughly 9 feet. 6 yards in real life would be 18 feet or basically 3 player models from head to toe. But its really not a lot in game.

Thats the distance that chill streak needs at a maximum.

What I would have tried, is stunning one dog and moving away far enough so it wouldnt bounce to it unless the dogs are stun/cc immune.

In terms of representation though, nothing is even really represented that well. So few people are really doing anything in game, raids have a small % of the playerbase doing the raids, a small % is doing m+ and a small % is pvping. I use to love doing it all basically, but these damn systems put people off of it especially when you have different covenants for different things. I just dont want to do all of these systems. What happened to go do stuff, gear gear, go do harder stuff?