DK pet following me in stealth

I was dueling a dk just outside of Orgrimmar and after I re stealthed and ran away (the dk even dropped combat) the pet was still following me for 7 seconds after I entered stealth, I even got the cd of stealth back, and the pet was chasing me while I was sprinted.
Kretaros - Sulfuras is my character’s name and realm.
The dk I was dueling told me he was just simply spamming a Leap->Stun pet macro. So I am guessing to reproduce the bug try to do exactly as I did, we were able to replicate it multiple times, it would always follow me in stealth.
1-sap the dk
2-cheap shot and attack pet
3-run away
4-stealth
5-dk spams the macro
6-profit, the pet is perma following you in stealth even after the player already even dropped combat
What I expect is the pet to not have vision over me when I stealth and go back to its owner just as it always has worked. Especially not for 7 seconds AFTER I stealthed.
I noticed there are many posts about pets following you in stealth so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

not a bug, there are countless threads since classic vanilla going over this. if a pet targets you and begins attacking you out of stealth, they will still chase you down and be able to see/attack you, even if you drop combat and restealth.

2 Likes

What he means is, it is a bug and has existed for the entirety of classic and has not been addressed.

Welcome to the classic experience!

1 Like

This is false.

I restealth (prowl) on my druid vs pet classes all the time…

Occasionally I have had lock / hunter pets follow me after a RE, but they don’t attack.

Its been a bug since the start of classic that has persisted for all this time.

In old retail TBC / Wrath it did not happen like this, either you got the RE or you didn’t, there was never pets following me into prowl so long as there was no hunters mark on me.

Adding to the big bug report.

1 Like

Wrong. Blizzard even hotfixed wow classic to make sure pets were attacking players after they stealth.

• Corrected an issue that prevented pets from attacking a target who entered stealth after the Attack command is used.

It’s stupid, but it’s working as intended.

and here is an archive of a blue post from Blizzard QA confirming pets attacking players in stealth is not a bug in 2010. well after the original wotlk launch when you claim that this ‘bug’ was fixed by. This behavior has been around since original vanilla and TBC. There are countless old forum posts discussing this topic.

1. NPCs and player pets attack stealthed players.
    Example: A hunter sends its pet after a druid who then uses Prowl, the pet continues to chase and attack the druid after it has entered stealth.
    Stealth is not intended to be an escape mechanic, Vanish should be used to escape combat in these situations. If you feel this should be changed please post in the suggestions forum.
1 Like

Provide a link, and something inside tells me your source was making comments in ignorance. I have been getting re-prowl on my druid alt since very early TBC original; and its been very reliable during all of TBC Classic and 98% reliable in Wrath Classic pre-patch.

The only time I have had any trouble, and I think this is the OP’s problem; his character was either lagging or the enemy player was lagging and there is some funny biz with latency.

1 Like

If you stealth when the pet is already chasing you, you’re done.

vanish.

I can’t link URLs in the forums for some reason.
Search for “Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs” on bluetracker for the second quote. The poster is a blue poster that worked for Blizzard QA. Seems like a reliable source.
The first quote is literally from the patch notes on worldofwarcraft.com. Nov 12th 2019. And again, there are countless other player posts about this over the last 15 years.

That was regarding Vanilla Classic, I know exactly what post you’re talking about.

I was specifically talking about TBC + era stuff; I know that vanilla classic / OG Vanilla pets would follow you into stealth.

Once again, the OTHER post on bluetracker is SPECIFICALLY about WOTLK which I have now stated repeatedly. It existed in vanilla, tbc, AND wrath. Come on, man. Are you trying to be obtuse on purpose?

Welcome to classic. They don’t care.

1 Like