DK or Warrior? DPS

Returning to wow… last played beginning of BFA…

I understand its my choice to pick what I wanna play, But any opinions between DK or warrior? Which should I roll first?

Otherwise, any other suggestions?

Really depends. Warrior is all around below average this expac, whereas death knights are only useful if they’re unholy.

Play what appeals to you more.

We need more Warriors, there are too many DKs!

unholy dk if pve
arms warrior if pvp

if you had fury in mind its pretty bad right now -.-

4 Likes

Unholy is performing very well right now but I still wouldn’t chance it as things could change very drastically by next tier. Historically warrior is a safer bet.

1 Like

DK (unholy) - plays a bit more like arms in the sense that it isn’t as fast as fury, has much better self preservation options available to it.

Fury - faster, more mobility, but as of now doesn’t have the numbers. This of course is subject to change at any time.

I like unholy better as there’s a bit more to the gameplay.

To be fair, this is the first time I’ve seen fury to be THIS bad.

Frost is not as bad as people may imply it’s just the success of it UH that trumps it.

If you’re looking to raid can’t go wrong with DK.

Its ironic because I love fury and I love frost, both which are not doing the best right now it seems.

I feel DK has more of the fantasy of SL, yea?

Blood DK isn’t that bad. Its outshined by venge DHs but it’s a solid spec. Both DK specs are good. (Frost has to DW to be viable). Warrior is better if you’re more pvp though.

Ret Pally. No joke.

They are good in raids, good in m+ and good in pvp

Warriors are mediocre, and dks are meh

Had a warrior today in my Mythic. He carried DPS hard. I suppose i built right, then it should do well. Not just item level, but actual stats.

Another thing to note is what kind of content are you going for? If you’re not doing mythic progression then honestly as long as you’re willing to fight perceptions of your class you’ll still do fine.

Furthermore the final result will also vary heavily by composition. Our warrior is good at his class and deals very strong execute damage through condemn. He’s crucial.
(Lady inerva darkvein)

Whereas if we were intending to say do mythic raid progression from the start we might have a very specific composition, but at this level (and even then the first few mythic should be ok later on).

1 Like

Warrior

Prot is pretty bad right now. Works in most content but you are typically the weakest tank.

Arms-average pve top tier pvp

Fury- bad at everything right now

Dk
Blood-average tank, pretty good in some places

Unholy-top tier pve, is say a tier pvp

Frost-below average pve near the bottom of all dps, a tier pvp as well I’d say. Depends on your comp if unholy or frost is better

That’s not the case this xpac so far

Unh dk is top melee dps atm sucks in pvp tho cuz nerfed death strike.

depends on what your goals are… do you like to do things solo while watching youtube on your phone or on a second monitor? go Warrior… do you want to pursue better gear and push high end content? go DK

If you’re doing PvE then don’t even think about playing a Warrior tbh. DK’s are miles ahead in terms of raw damage output. Fury is the worst spec in Shadowlands and might be tied with Frost mage. Prot is the worst tank in Shadowlands, and Arms is only barely in the upper half of low damage tier.