DK is ignored

1: BFA nerfs on Death Strike to combat bloated stats still in place even though SL squished stats.

2: Deaths Due doesn’t work with NS.

3: Conduits don’t work with NS.

4: Frost doesn’t have Death Strike in Obliteration.

5: While I like the concept of shroud of Winter, it’s clear the class dev was hearing other classes cry about Heartstopper, and acted on their complains while addressing none of ours.

6: Death Strike conduit is a mega lazy way to balance the class. Essentially we were pre-determined to be bad early SL solely because of this conduit. We are obviously balanced around the median Ilvl of the Death Strike conduit, and will be overpowered once the Ilvl scales past the median.
Logically Death Strikes minimum heal% should be fixed at what it will be at the median Ilvl of the conduit, and that conduit should be replaced with something that doesn’t completely dictate our viability.

7: Ghoul sac is literally just button bloat. Either buff it and make it a real 2min CD. Or remove it and relocate it’s power across the class kit.

Etc etc etc
List goes on.

13 Likes

True.

TRUE.

TRUE.

Convocation doesn’t work with mobs dying with the wuunds either.

True. I think Icecap also needs help.

There ya freaking go, man.

Death Strike conduit is trash anyway since it’s also affected by 50% healing redox in PvP.

You’re better off using Lichborne and AMZ Endurance Conduits and nothing else. Everything this is saying is what Chillpills from Stormrage always complained.

… and I don’t blame him.

Fun fact, this is what DEATH PACT USED TO DO.

Why do we have two of the exactly the same abilities with one is gimped behind a talent slot and the other cost RP?

No reason. :^)

Meanwhile Destruction Warlocks are going to have Focused Chaos baked into the spec by increasing CB damage by 35% in pvp without them allocating the slot.

… Demo is also fun, which is why I’m on this character instead of Locutus. :frowning:

5 Likes

its not even worth taking. conduit or not, deathstrike is only useful in PVE with Dark Succor proc’d. you can do some self healing with dark succor in pvp, however DS is so weak atm that we basically need a healer at all times in pvp. we have a few tricks to bring our selves back up, at the cost of significant damage/utility, but once those are spent that is it, we are 100% crutching on the healer.

the conduit is so bad that its basically a trap, taking it means you didn’t take an actual good conduit.

4 Likes

balance relative to PvP.
At a certain ilvl conduit+gear ilvl the death strike conduit will inevitably be mandatory for PvP.

1 Like

it wont be ilvl growing in a vacuum, the other conduits and your healer will also be growing. and they will outscale DS making the conduit still a bad choice.

2 Likes

The real question you have to ask is “what class do I main next patch?”

2 Likes

Yes I agree that the DK conduits are terrible. DS should be tied to Obliteration for Frost or Frost Strike procs. What I find is soloing in things like Torghast Im just replacing DS for Frost Strike. We also need a passive heal as taking constant fire damage in Torghast we cant stop or we die.

Hidden trick for that.
Buy the item that converts a enemy into a Anima Power.
Use the item on one of the fire caster guys.
It gives you a Anima power that basically makes u immune to fire damage.

Haha, nice my two favorite classes as well, DK and Lock. I also play Priest a lot too bc gotta heal.

Admit yourself that you secretly into tentacles and play Shadow :]

1 Like