DK for PvP

Looking to make another alt besides my mage, and the only other class that seems mildly interesting to me is DK. Planning on leveling it in the Wrath timeline.

How does it feel in battlegrounds and arena?

like :poop:

9 Likes

:weary:

Step 1) Go Frost DK
Step 2) Ensure you’re Necrolord and have the Absolute Zero leggo
Step 3) Absolutely pump in RBG’s & Arenas.

FDK does fantastic in BGs & RBGs(you’ll more than likely be the Target Caller in RBGs) and plays in S tier comps in arenas.

2 Likes

Now THAT’S what I wanted to hear!

Any advice for target calling? I’ve only played RBGs as a rogue so I’m almost never in the team fight.

My advice? Build your own team & have more patience than myself. Majority of my RBG experience on my DK has been with pugs, and even with coms they’re too brain dead to listen which puts me in tilt mode and I start getting toxic.

I suggest giving Flarkness a follow on twitch, as he does a ton of RBGs and has a ton of success.

3 Likes

Good for RBG’s(Its beneficial to have a Death Gripping target caller).
Very good in 3v3’s.
Very bad in 2v2’s.
Bad 1v1.
Bad as a solo player.
Good as a socialized team player.

1 Like

generally any situation where you can be treated like a secondary target and allowed to free cast, you will be okay, but if you are the main target you will be facing an uphill battle against every other class. atm we crutch hard on pocket heals, more than an arms warrior, if your healer is dead, you are dead. but also sometimes you are also dead even if you have heals.

4 Likes

I endorse Nethy’s post here. The problem with the class as a whole right now is that currently, it’s pretty much the only thing you can do right now in rated PvP content.

1v1, you don’t really have to run Necro or have AZ but if you want to progress through arenas… especially 3s, go with Nethy’s loadout.

Any other setups are sad, hell… Night Fae UH would have potential if NECROTIC STRIKE WORKS WITH DEATh’S DUE.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Guide to DK PvP:

Step 1: “1v1, you don’t really have to run Necro or have AZ but if you want to progress through arenas… especially 3s, go with Nethy’s loadout.”
Step 2: Get full conquest gear and then do RBGs up to 2k rating or higher and upgrade your gear.
Step 3: Do Arenas until 1600-1800
Step 4: Come back here and tell us how you feel.

1 Like