Divine Toll still broken

Divine Toll does not always generate Holy Power. It has been broken since the HP generation was added to the talent in beta… please fix.

Thanks.

15 Likes

+1. This bug can be very annoying and detrimental to healing especially. No idea how this hasn’t been fixed yet but it definitely needs to be!

2 Likes

Has anyone had any luck finding ways to recreate the steps to cause it?

It’s highly noticeable when it happens on my prot, especially when I’m counting on that HoPo to heal.

As of yet, I can’t seem to recreate it consistently.

Holy version is still broken as well, targeting mobs with holy shock instead of your party even when I have a party member or myself tageted.

6 Likes

#showtooltip Divine Toll
/cleartarget
/cast [@mouseover, exists] [] Divine Toll
/targetlasttarget

this macro has helped me with this problem.

2 Likes

I often get 0 HP from Divine Toll if there are 6 or more targets (e.g. Aleth’gar Academy tree boss + adds).

HP generation usually works if it’s 5 targets or less.

Thanks I’ll give it a shot.

I’ll try this as well. Thank you! And I’ll try the macro too, though I already use something similar (and have done no macro as well)

I find I often get 0 HoPo from Divine Toll if I’m really counting on it XD

1 Like

Yeah the bug gets extremely annoying in M+, considering it’s both fort and raging this week. I think one of the worst offenders is the tree boss in AA, he spawns so many adds and you might get 0 HP just because.

1 Like

It’s interesting because I never had this issue in Shadowlands. Yet, this version has been broken since mid-beta. Heck, all 3 of prot’s capstones were broken/unimplemented until release, basically. Just kind of disappointing that so many of these bugs have never even been acknowledged (prot is rarely mentioned in notes even when changes are made).

At this point just update the tooltip to say it has a chance to generate HP if they’re not going to bother fixing it. I just want the game to work the way it says :frowning:

1 Like

I think it bugs because of the AS not generating HoPo change. It might be reading Divine Toll as shooting 5x AS (no HoPo) for >5 targets, and reading it as 1-5x HoPo generators when it’s ≤5 targets

Confirmed that divine toll is still bugged for holy. In fact, even selecting yourself as the target does not guarantee 5 holy shocks to team members and it hits mobs instead. If you try to use it when there’s a big pull in mythic plus, it’s immediately obvious as nobody in your party gets glimmer or gets heals… Even the macro to select a party member or yourself does not fix the issue.

It’s actually pretty ridiculous that this is not fixed. Divine toll for holy paladins is a staple of group healing. Not being able to use it on your party is a gigantic nerf and makes a big difference in mythic plus.

1 Like

Agree, really sucks I can’t play around my divine toll giving HP which can really mess with my sotr management.

I would not be surprised if it was something like that. Just disappointing that it’s been an issue since the day it was implemented.

1 Like

Divine toll is still broken and it is also 30 yards instead of 40 like it previously was. Really bad.

Hasn’t it always been 30 yards? At least, it was for Holy.

There was a time on beta it was 40 which was good, but went back to 30. 30 yards is just not good in general idk why it has that limit when the rest of our heals are 40.

But the bug is the primary concern for sure. I have no idea why it’s still here. It just makes one of our CDs sometimes useless, which is wild when you are depending on it for healing.

I have a work around which is a macro that lets you target a friendly via mouseover, and targeting a friendly seems to fix the bug like it did on beta. This is still annoying though but a temporary fix for now.

1 Like

if it hits under 4-5 targets it doesn’t generate hopo at least not when I am tanking.

ive made a list of all bugs reported and this was included into it, dont worry they wont fix any paladin bugs since ive been recording over 15 bugs since beta and they have only fixed 3. Have fun with the broken game.

1 Like

Finally fixed

3 Likes