Dissapointed

I’m on RP server with a pretty low population. It’s used mostly by tourists creating trials to snag Time-Lost Proto Drake.

I frequent /r/woweconomy/ & use TSM. I post auctions daily & sell very little. I mostly use raw gold methods to earn, despite most of them being nerfed into the ground in BFA.

I can’t find a logical way of earning the long boi mount even if I put in an unhealthy amount of play time.

I’m okay with not getting the mount. What bugs me is the lack of notice for players like myself. If I knew from the start of BFA it was for this expansion only, I would of maybe been able to plan better when I was earning more at the start of the expansion–when my server had a little bit of economy.

16 Likes

Some players prefer low pop servers, low pop servers might not fit your needs anymore. You have solutions.

3 Likes

Don’t you have like a year to get it? If so, transfer to a higher pop realm, and farm gold.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea.

3 Likes

Solutions that funnel more money to Blizzard through server transfers.

Pay up buttercup!

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that we had to pay extra money to level new characters. How much does that cost anyway?

3 Likes

Time is money - to level the character.

Or just money through a boost.

Then we better stop wasting so much on video games.

4 Likes

Transfer to a higher population roleplay server if you want to make money.

1 Like

Everyone is suggesting this. I don’t really want to pay for a transfer. I’m not getting the mount, that is acceptable.

What I asked for was more notice so low-population players can plan accordingly.

Or maybe Region-Wide Auction Houses?

It really isn’t too late. Just level up a character on a higher population server pick probably blacksmithing and mining as professions and you should be able to make plenty of gold in a few months if you work at gathering and making crafted gear.

You don’t have to transfer either - make a dh. You can level it up via the AV event bg.

You currently have 9 months to a year of notice. How much advanced notice should they give?

2 Likes

Thing is, everyone agrees to the EULA. This is not a new thing. Here’s the line specifically where they discuss it.

Alterations to the Platform. Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Platform or Accounts at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Platform or Accounts without notice or liability.

For fifteen years of this game’s run, it still amazes me that people don’t quite get that we really own nothing. We rent everything from Blizzard, and it can end at any time without notice.

You have a year notice.

1 Like

I was told three years earlier, yes three (3) years.

I thought 8.3 was in 40 days.

You’re telling me 8.3 to prepatch is going to be 230 days?!

Hell, I gave myself 4 months–not 9 months.

The achievement comes out in 8.3, the mount goes away at SL launch.

lol, then there would be another mount and they would have to delay that one for another three years…

Gold sinks aren’t anything new. People just need to work at gold making activities throughout and stop living ‘hand to mouth’ basically.

1 Like

Except the change is for 9.0

1 Like

8.3 to SL launch timeframe confirmed or speculation?