Displaying server names

This may sound like a dumb question at first but does anyone know a way to easily see what server you are currently playing on? Maybe a script line /macro or addon or WA.

I have 2 accounts that are character capped across 4 different realms that have a lot of the same names and when I’m doing profession and auction house shuffles it gets really easy to lose track of which toon I’m playing on which server on which account without logging off to see which server I’m on.

1 Like

Don’t know about weakauras or addons but here is your script line

/dump GetRealmName()

https://wow.gamepedia.com/API_GetRealmName

3 Likes

I have been looking into this myself over time and found an addon based on a downloadable script library. This post was easy to find for me and one of the ones that clearly had the same questions. It uses GetRealmName. There is also a GetRealmId call I read in the Wacraft API docs, but I don’t write addons… (yet?) So anyway the addon I found is called ToolTipRealmInfo at www DOT curseforge DOT com /wow/addons/tooltiprealminfo which I get off Overwolf/Curseforge. When you mouse over users (even yourself) in various places it shows the region (even country flag) and the servers they are in that are connected. I haven’t seen anything else that does anything similar, but it is a really nice addon. If anyone has found another I would love to know!