Dismounted when flying over some buildings

Have died several times from flying very high over a building. It especially seems to happen over inns. It seems like the you are inside aura extends infinitely high. I haven’t checked everywhere but the underground inn at the Tuskaar village and the inn at three falls lookout both definitely do it.

Very annoying and super confusing when it happens.

I would suggest carrying a stack of goblin gliders and put it on your action bar…I had a quite a few of those DM for no reason and gliders have saved my butt on this toon…my druids I have flap ready if in boomkin form or switch fast too flight form…even my druids carry a stack for just in case …

Yup, but it is still a ridiculous glitch that they need to fix. This and the fact that spells can be hidden under a rug are game play effecting silly bugs that have been around for too long. I was on Kaledin too much so didn’t even think about it, swapped to a warrior and fell like a rock.

some areas are no mount zones and automaic dimounted any players that are on a mount( in ironforge or stormwind when someone has a big mount covering the mailbox that is not a mount free zone)

That is completely not the issue. I am talking about flying over an inn, in an open city, and being hundreds of yards above the inn. There is no reason to make the dismount zone extend to the top of the game world. They should cap it at 30 yards or 50 yards or something. Especially for places with a roof, cap it at the roof. For instance the inn at Three-falls lookout will dismount you if you are above it. It’s silly and kills people randomly if you happen to cross over it. Not really sure how high it goes but you can’t land on the roof for sure, and I know areas above the Iskaar village do it very high.

Not against no mount zones. Just against them extending hundreds of yards into the air.

1 Like

Yup. I posted about this concerning an inn in the Azure Span.

I thought I had somehow accidently hit a power or item that caused me to dismount, but then it happened again. It’s seriously annoying.

1 Like

Agreed. Just a glitch I think, but such a weird one that I think is just an aura they set in an editor and somehow in some places it just got stretched up really high. It doesn’t seem to be the entire inn’s space either, just a part of it.