Dismiss pet and why Blizzard still hates Hunters. (Dispite the amazing changes)

I’ve played the beta, but myself don’t have Beta so I’m posting here.

The changes to Hunter are great, I love it. I’m talking specifically about Marks. The change to reduce Lone Wolf to 5% got me sad, but I was like ‘ok fine.’ Getting back on my main it made me realize how much I hate being Marks and everyone expecting me to bring lust. I got a simple wolf to do the job but it made me realize that the problem isn’t going to go away.

The main reason it’s a problem is the 3 second cast for dismiss pet. That really kills the DPS for a marks hunter to waste those 3 seconds with no payoff. Not like I’m casting a pyroblast or something.

So either Dismiss pet needs to be instant cast when talented into lone wolf or lone wolf simply just grants the ability of the last pet you had out I can put out on my bar.

I get the feeling that lone wolf will no longer be a viable talent if the cost benefit doesn’t get outweighed here.

Get a buddy that only likes playing Shaman and/or Mage. Raid with them. Never worry about it again.

This is for M+, what I normally play.

Get a buddy that only likes playing Shaman and/or Mage. M+ with them. Never worry about it again.

Or tell them “Mamma didn’t raise no BM hunter” and keep on pew pewing.

1 Like

Shaman over here like…

3 Likes

Blizzard be like: Shamans have an anime series, they don’t need anything else :smiley:

1 Like

At least shaman can dress cool while being ignored. Us hunters have to look like circus refugees.

1 Like

That’s what you get for having a Class name similar to Demon Hunters! :stuck_out_tongue:

We were here first!

Think people are missing the point. Shaman at least get access the ability in question without having any kind of extra something that could has an impact on overall dps.

If you’re playing that competitive of M+, use “Abandon Pet” pet. It’s instant.

Orrrr….

Just leave the pet out and it’s a constant dot that doesn’t need to be reapplied.

Orrrrr…

It’s 3 frigging seconds. 1 aimed shot. Maybe 2 in the grand scheme of things.

Orrrrr….

Play BM.

Yeah MM lone wolf was cool while it lasted since BM is a zookeeper sadly instead of putting work into class allowing MM to use hero without a pet they chose the easy way which is nerfing lone wolf sadly it’s a dev issue and leadership issue so it’s no that of a issue to fix.

You can’t compare those 3 seconds to an Aim Shot or 2. Because at the end of Aim Shot you get damage output so it’s not even comparable. To be able to get the full potential of both lust and lone wolf you need to dismiss your pet right after using it wasting 3 seconds of lust. A pet doesn’t contribute to 10% of the damage, hence they reason why they nerfed lone wolf.

The more I think about it after trying it you might as well have a pet out all the time with the change, their change locks you into having a pet at all times or at least when lust is available. So for at least 2 fights a M+ run you have to have your pet destroying the fantasy of what a marks hunter is supposed to be.

Instant dismiss or passive granting of the ability is the only way to save that talent, else they might as well just remove lone wolf altogether. I would be fine if they allowed it to be affected by haste with a 200% multiplier, sure there’s a cast but since I’m stacking haste as one of my stats anyway take it from 3 seconds to 1.5.

I gave you 4 easy options. Im guessing youre doing +30’s for an esport team that 3 seconds is that big a deal that you’re whining about it.

Dismiss pet has a cast time because calling a pet is instant. If you could instantly dismiss your pet you could just swap them around as needed to for their various abilities.

Imagine using a gorilla’s pummel to interrupt a spell, immediately interrupting again with a Nether Shock from a Nether Ray into Sonic Blast from a bat for a AoE stun. Or Charge root > Pin root > Web root > Snatch disarm preventing one or several melee from doing anything at all.

A good hunter would turn M+ into a complete joke. Warping the game into something unrecognizable by forcing Blizzard to balance all content around the existence of Hunters. You thought the god comp of S2 was ridiculous? Just wait until you see 5 hunters completing a +35.

Wait? You’re saying pet abilities aren’t really a thing anymore? And the ones that still exist are a joke?

Ohh… Well this is awkward.