Disgusted rant

The bottom line is that we want the Blizzard Forums to be a fun and safe environment for all players.

That is taken from the code of conduct. I am not sure how the forums can remain a fun and safe place when there are a few people on the forums who constantly gang up and attack other players for merly voicing am opinion on something. They are doing this through multiple accounts and mass reporting and its so disgusting to see that this is not picked up on.

The way some people use the code of conduct to stifle the voice of other players is flat put repugnant. Everyday I see this same behavior from multiple sources focused on raking down any topic they don’t agree with and to harass another player just to try to flex their own control.

Well rant over I’m sure this will be taken down quickly by those that get offended.

25 Likes

I’ve said this before on the forums. I will say it again.

Send them my way. I’ll be happy to tank them for ya.

8 Likes

I appreciate that hopefully we are given a way to not have our voices muted or removed anymore

2 Likes

I agree that mass flagging is an immature practice, the forums shouldn’t allow it in the first place. If people are being rude to you, do you use the ignore feature? I recommend it, it makes the forum experience more pleasant. Don’t click the “show hidden replies” thing, too, because that will just show the people you ignored and you have no reason to worry about them anymore.

And remember that you can flag them back! The forum mods usually give out suspensions more readily than the in-game ones so if anyone is breaking the rules, they can be held accountable as well.

11 Likes

I can dig it.

And I am dead serious, btw. Ping me or something, if you need.

3 Likes

I have used the ignore feature to not be able to see or hear from them but I know for a fact they use other accounts to go back and quote their other posts just to keep in view.

Flagging one account of someone who has literally tens of accounts won’t be effective if they have other accounts they can switch to.

1 Like

As long as the forums continue to be player moderated before an actual Blizzard employee looks at it, this will continue to be an issue.

6 Likes

This post mostly sounds like crying. “Oh no, people don’t like what I have to say.” Seriously, who cares? Pretty sure with the majority of my posts, there are people that don’t like them.

Man up.

9 Likes

If you need to knock down someone else for how they feel and voicing their concerns then are you not part of the problem?

4 Likes

Is that even possible? Sounds more like a personal issue.

I’m not really one for harsh punishments maybe make the forums a type of mini-wow game where participants get rewards for being helpful and maintaining a healthy score like forums IO for people who are cool.

Heck even give them special forum avatar dressing like maybe silver elite around their portraits or gold dragon dressing or maybe let forums posters give them special rewards you can earn and spend that allows you to get rewards in-game.

If you just let this thing remain the wild west it’s going to have lawbreakers. give them a reason to be nice and help out and progress that

1 Like

This is a good idea, they sort of have something like this with the MVP system? But I’m not sure how that works nowadays. What I know is Bluespacecow and Dillon are MVPs and they absolutely should be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

pretty sure the staff does moderate the forum. they’re just not super strict to silence people like i hear other communities (like reddit and discord) do. they do their job pretty well imo in that sense, so strong disagree.

Lots of posters here can’t tolerate disagreement of ideas, or handle a discussion, and i don’t think it’s an issue blizzard needs to intervene in every time.

If someone is being toxic just report them, block them and carry on imo :two_hearts:

3 Likes

What I find so funny about these practices is there are these grown men utilizing middle school grade tactics to bully people online.

Then they have the audacity to cry about something so irrelevant in another thread. It’s both sad and hilarious at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely weird to see how people act under the blanket of anonymity.

1 Like

Eh.

I got accused of something I didn’t really do that didn’t really matter in the long run.

Let people be petty and mad I guess.

Nah-- they rely on Players to flag them first. Otherwise, they don’t check them.

People will always act that way given the chance they will display such depravity if they think they can get away with it.

yeah it’s so they can review the flag first. I bet 90% of the flags are just because someone doesn’t like the post, or disagrees with the idea, not that it’s harmful or against TOS. aka good moderation. we’re not babies here

1 Like

Do you like the archeology profession?