Discord overlay

Has anyone else had issues with Discord’s overlay not showing up? It was working fine last night but after the last update it suddenly stopped showing.

NVM fixed it in discord settings under game library

Hi Telquist

Currently the Discord overlay is causing a good deal of issues on the forum here. You may want to leave it disabled until things get sorted out.

1 Like

I hoped discord would have solved my issues.

Ever since Patch 8.1.5, I have gotten a ridiculous issue with FPS stuttering.

In the old world no less, something that NEVER happened before this patch.

Updated all my drivers, Updated Windows, Cleared the folders, done every suggestion, it has to be something on Blizzards end.

I’m honestly close to just wiping my drive and starting a fresh install on my PC, this issue is incredibly annoying.

Hi Yyhela

One thing comes to mind. The patch set “Triple Buffering” as enabled as a default. Navigate to Menu > System > Advanced pane. Disable if enabled.

If that doesn’t help let’s take a look at a DXDiag report.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - *we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion of the link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P**)

UiGp1ghr The code to my pastebin report.

Are you running a virtual machine on the system. MSinfo is showing some odd things regarding your available Ram. I also see mention of Hyper-V.

Paste the DXDiag report next. It is the second part of that support page.

I am not running a virtual machine.

Maybe I have something set in windows that shouldn’t be?

KQfex7uK Code to my Dxdiag info.

Things look normal on the DXDiag. I see a good number of various game.exe having issues in the Error reporting section.

You mention trying a few things. On the Menu > System > Advanced. Have you tried DirectX 11 and the new DirectX 11 Legacy settings?

Have you tried a full UI reset:

I was able to solve my issue.

After you pointed out some of my memory issues I took a better look and found some programs that were draining my memory.

Things are back to normal. Thanks.

Good to see. I’m always curious - what was hogging the Ram?

Some AMD and Intel Software that wasn’t essential to my usual computer operations was hogging way more memory than they should have been.

Not sure why, I need to look into that.

Also forgot to disable Steam processes on startup. ._.

I did see a couple of recent errors reported involving the AMD software. I would check that Relive is disabled there. Perhaps other “Fluff” things. (I’m not familiar with that software)

I’m sure a lot of people are having the same issue. Everyone I know in my guild has stated that the overlay is no longer available since 8.1.5 dropped. I’ve tried every solution I could find on the net. Disabled Triple buffering, Opened up the java console in Discord and deleted the overlay position settings, restarted the computer, turned off AMD ReLive. Still no overlay in WoW. Don’t know what else to do.

1 Like

I found this solution on another site and it worked for me:

Check under game activity under settings when you have the game open. Mines was telling me it was not detecting I was playing a game but I hit add it and selected Fortnite even though it was already in the list and turned overlay on and it worked for me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t run the Discord overlay at all. It has a history on the tech forum here from well before the patch. Wow doesn’t support overlays and they often cause problems.

Overlays can cause FPS issues - connection latency issues - input latency issues - crashes. You could be having performance issues that you don’t even realize.

Here is what worked for me. Under user settings in discord, find GAME LIBRARY on the menu and click add install location. Find the retail folder where wow.exe is installed. That is what it needs mapped for the overlay to work. Depending on where you installed wow, should look something like: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft_retail_. If this is already there and overlay is not working, delete it from discord and re-add it to force a remap, seems something must have changed with the 8.1.5 update.

2 Likes