Disconnects inside instances

Ok I’m hoping for some help here. I’ve made a couple of topics in regards to this.
So today fighting the last boss in motherlode 14 with 8 minutes to go.
Mid way through the fight and I DC. So I manually close down the wow window, here we go again… try to relog. Insta DC again, as usual. Discord is still working all the while, nothing wrong with my internet connection. Log onto another toon while I wait for my instanced toon to go offline then log back in but by this time the key is bricked as we death skipped the last trash pack.
This happens way too often and I know it’s not just to me, though it does seem to happen to me more regularly.
The frustration to losing timers in this way is ruining this game for me. Any instance I enter I am always worried this will happen! Mythic + is the single thing I enjoy in this game any more and it is being ruined by this bug. If it was an isolated incident I would be mildly annoyed but this is happening often.

2 Likes

Say, are you someone who has an internet connection that goes through Dallas?

There is also another thread I spotted in Tech Support regarding those specifically having problems in instances, but I’m not sure if the threads are regarding the exact same issue.

1 Like

This can also be a UI thing, especially if it only happens in dungeons.

I’d give a proper reset a shot.

1 Like

So I have been seeing essentially the same thing for a couple of months now, trying to understand why this issue seems to have come up fairly recently, trying suggestions such as resetting the UI, removing all add-ons, etc. to no avail. It does seem that the disconnect is only in instances, and not the world at large. Another odd characteristic about the disconnect is that I can chat with people in the group just fine, I just can’t continue in the instance.

As with the original poster, I am disconnected, but am able to log right back in without issue, and sometimes proceed with the instance group, other times I am kicked out of it entirely.

I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall (as well as making sure the Firewall rules Blizzard requests are honored) and there is no change in behavior.

Tracert shows 15 hops and 47ms latency to 137.221.105.2, per suggestion from another thread on possible issues. 7 hops and 7ms until I hit eqix-se2.blizzardentertainment dot com.

At this point I have to throw my hands up. Again, I will say that this seems a fairly recent issue for me (last 6 or so months?), but I am not sure how much that helps really. I am happy to provide any additional information which may prove useful.

Respectully,

Symbiosis Starshine

I’d suggest followup in our Tech Forum then, Thanthou. The way you describe resetting your UI makes me curious if it was actually accomplished, but could be something else going on.

If you did a proper reset UI you don’t have any addons to disable.

2 Likes

I’ve been dealing with this same issue almost all of BfA. I know it’s a mostly dead thread but my frustration level is high at this point. LE sigh.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration, Skinwalker, but I would highly recommend visiting our Technical support forum or contacting Tech Support via live chat so they can troubleshoot the issue with you.

1 Like