Disconnections

Constantly getting disconnected. Appears to be similar to a ddos type of disruption.

I would no be surprised if this was a Tichondrius exclusive issue.

Having the same issue. Every few minutes it seems. I get a latency spike and dc. over, and over, and over, and over. Im on anvilmar. Ive done every single recommended thing and it never changes. Started when the did the fix patch the other day…

Same issue, was just looking to see if I was the only one. It seems to have started about a week or so ago, I completely reinstalled WoW that seem to help, however, did not fix the problem completely. I was doing Legion timewalking stuff it DC’d me while in a dungeon, and then again while hopping around characters within about an hour. Also, battle.net keeps “updating” WoW about every time I log on, so, as Avoidguy said I’m guessing a patch issue?

1 Like

Battle.net App Update Loop - #338 by Jambrix for the battle net updates.

I’ve had 0 disconnection issues at all this fall, so I don’t think it is a universal patch issue. To trouble shoot connections you’d need to post a winMTR as outlined in the stickies.

2 Likes

Could be as simple as a bad connection. I wonder how many people with wifi are insistent it isn’t wifi’s fault.

1 Like

i having same issue my net fine the only thing that dc is bnet and my wow i wonder how many people it takes before you open your eyes and see it not a Wi-Fi issue and an issue with the game or severs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I was having frequent disconnects despite having good/great wifi signal via a new mesh system. Even tried another ISP to rule out ISP issues. Regardless, of what I tried it would flake out at some of the least opportune moments. (Right after a flurry of activity.)

Bought a couple 2.5 Gbps MoCA adapters, hooked them up (one at gateway, one at distant router) jacked into the router and haven’t had an issue with battle.net connectivity.

So it’s worth a try, no matter what your signal says it is.

Well I have fiber and dont use wifi and this problem only started when they “fixed” the LUA error recently. And it continues to happen to this day.

Having fiber doesn’t guarantee there is a good route between you and Blizzard. In order for people on the forum to help, you’ll need to capture a disconnect in a WinMTR. If there’s no disconnect in that test, you’re going to be tracking down an addon or network software issue on the machine.

1 Like

Literally playing wow and on Discord at the same time. Same PC. Wow goes down discord does not. Seems pretty clear where the problem resides.

This is the error code associated with tmy disconnection. WOW51900319

There are a handful of forum articles over the last year of people with the EXACT same issue and each time bliz doesn’t have a fix.

It’s pretty clear this is an issue effecting a small enough group or it’s just SO broken that they don’t want to publicly acknowledge it.

You’re reinforcing my point. Every service you connect to is using a different route, which is why I referenced a routing problem in my first response to you.

Every day there are new posts about connection issues or lag—but it doesn’t mean these are Blizzard’s fault or the player’s fault. Again, routing is a major player in how you connect to things.

However, this forum only exists for troubleshooting purposes, not fielding complaints. If you want to figure out what’s going on, you’ll have to take the initiative to gather the connection data for those of us responding to look over.

1 Like

I didn’t ask for your help. I responded to the OP . And it’s pretty clear from looking at EVERY previous forum post regarding these issues that neither bliz or “those of you responding” really have zero solution to anything.

That’s because in many cases there was no resolvable issue on Blizzard’s part. I was getting the same error not that long ago. I fixed my network and it went away. And for the record, it was only Blizzard services that were affected. If I would have simply stopped trying to resolve the issue on my side, I would have walked away thinking it was all Blizzard’s fault.

I have contacted my IP ans replaced my modem. Also replaced my Ethernet cable and tested both on wifi and hardline. Same thing. I have also done every user side recommended fix several times and the issue persists.

Avoidguy,

This forum is for requesting localized troubleshooting for technical issues by the community. If you do not want to do the things being advised. (In this case simply collecting connection data and providing it here so the community people trying to help can investigate this and provide the next best step.) then there will not be much to gain. If you are intending to simply provide feedback or report a bug then we do have specific forums for that, as well as in game report options for both on the support menu.

As for the issue at hand: (for everyone experiencing it)
The vast majority of players are playing without issue. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a larger issue but with hundreds of thousands of players around the globe playing at any moment there will always be some experiencing connection issues. The way anyone troubleshoots that is by gathering data. I see it has been asked for multiple times here. And if you want assistance here, providing the information requested is how you get that assistance.

This also goes for submitting a support ticket through our website. We are going to want data in the form of system files and connection tests (usually the WinMTR that was asked for here.)

1 Like

I’ll just unsub. Not gonna pay a subscription for something that doesn’t work properly. Maybe one day y’all can stop harassing each other long enough to fix your game.

Thanks for nothing :blush:

This is an extreme reaction to someone asking you to do one step of troubleshooting. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

That’s subjective…and I’m not wrong.