Disconnect issue (Arris modem router combo)

So I was trying to figure out why my connection would drop roughly every hour (and as of this morning it has been every hour at 06-07 and 45-47. I see others are having the same issue but im honestly not smart enough to know where the setting is to change it refreshing hourly

Are you able to log into the router? Is it an ISP furnished router? If you are not able to log into the router then you will need to contact your ISP if they furnished it. Other then that we would need a model number so we know which arris modem you have.

You are looking for something that says DHCP lease time if you are able to log into your router.

Was able to find log in username and password for my modem. I see the dhcp enabled option but I do not see anything about release or release timing.
I’m sorry im not smart
model number TG2482A

Under Lan settings you should see something that says, “DHCP Server Settings”

There you will see something that says, “Lease Time” it is in minutes so whatever is there you divide by 60. Example if it says 1440 divide that by 60 and it is 24 Hours. You can set it to 48 hours which is 2880 minutes.

Once again if you do not see this then you need to contact your ISP provider to assist in this process.

Well the good news is I found the setting. (and its set to 3600) The bad news is doesn’t look like I can change it from here. Guess I gotta wait for the technician to come out Saturday.

lots of people are having issues with arris modems, look at the tech support on other blizzard games, you’ll see it all over the place

i don’t see how increasing the lease timer on dhcp would affect her being disconnected. if it was set to 24 hours, the router would just check to see if her IP needed to be changed, and if it didn’t, it would give her the same IP as before with no changes except just restarting the lease timer.

With the Arris modems some were set to expire in 1hr. The lease timer was disconnecting instead of renewing the lease. It was doing the same to me I extended the lease timer to 48 hours and to a time where I was not on the computer. No more disconnects but the issue is prevalent.