Discipline spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

4 Likes

Hello! I have a major concern I would love to see addressed:

The season 2 set bonus was an all-time favorite for a lot of us, but without some sort of assurance that the SPEC would be adjusted to still play well without the CURRENT tier set (i.e. have 30 second CD on shadow covenant via the Void Summoner talent and a 45-60s CD on shadowfiend via the same), everyone will just vote for the current tier set. This is not a problem that can be resolved just by buffing the season 2 tier set - it would have to be resolved by simply doubling the CD reduction on the Void Summoner talent per smite cast, in order to hit the same CD timings as we currently can. Without this happening, the spec will simply not play right in literally any of the three raids from this expansion.

I am hopeful that the Void Summoner talent was balanced entirely around the current tier set and that the CDR value on it will be doubled when this tier set is gone, but if that is not the case, we will essentially HAVE TO vote for the season 3 set if we want our spec to still function in both raid and m+.

Some sort of reassurance that the SPEC will be adjusted as well as the S2 set (to bring its power up to the 30% HPS/DPS that the current set provides, which frankly I do not even know if that’s even possible just based on the design of both the spec and the current/S2 tier sets) would be needed for us to actually feel comfortable and confident in voting for our favorite set, instead of just the one that the spec is currently designed around having access to.

Thanks,
-Psyshadow :slight_smile:

39 Likes

S3 tier bonus 100%. The 50%+ uptime on Mindbender and Shadow Covenant plus double smite damage makes a lot of the healing checks easier.

12 Likes

not even gonna list what they are in the voting post? how disappointing…

11 Likes

The top search result for disc priest season 2 tier returns the incorrrect tier set which is problematic.

1 Like

[Discipline Priest Season 2 Tier Set First Impression](javascript:)

2 Likes

[Discipline Priest Season 2 Tier Set First Impression]

Nah its really good

1 Like

That is not the right tier set. That is the first proposed tier before the season started. It was changed before the season started to be below.

• (2) Set Bonus: Shadow Word: Pain/Purge the Wicked damage increased by 25 percent. Power Word: Radiance healing increased by 15 percent.
  • (4) Set Bonus: Atonements applied by Power Word: Radiance last three seconds longer. Your spells have a chance to cause your next Power Word: Radiance to be instant and cost 100 percent less mana. Can accumulate up to two charges.
7 Likes

This is Season 2 for Discipline, which I’m voting for. It works well in all content: raids, M+, and PVP. And it doesn’t tie you to a pet (eww). Also: Instant Radiance is the yum yum sauce.

• (2) Set Bonus: Purge the Wicked/Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%. Power Word: Radiance healing increased by 15%.

• (4) Set Bonus: Atonements applied by Power Word: Radiance last 3 sec longer. Your spells have a chance to cause your next Power Word: Radiance to be instant and cost 50% less mana. Can accumulate up to 2 charges.

6 Likes

season 1 set awesome

1 Like

For those unfamiliar with the tier set effects:

Season 1 Tier Set Effect

• 2-Set - Power Word: Shield increases the effectiveness of your next direct damage or healing spell by 10%.

• 4-Set - Penance increases the strength of your next Power Word: Shield by 60% of its damage or 18% of its healing

Season 2 Tier Set Effect

• 2-Set - Purge the Wicked / Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%. Power Word: Radiance healing increased by 15%.

• 4-Set - Atonements applied by Power Word: Radiance last 3 sec longer. Your spells have a chance to cause your next Power Word: Radiance to be instant and cost 50% less mana. Can accumulate up to 2 charges.

Season 3 Tier Set Effect

• 2-Set - Smite and Penance damage increased by 20% and Smite extends the duration of an active Atonement by 2.0 sec.

• 4-Set - Smite has a 100% chance to cast an additional time during Shadow Covenant, dealing (80% of Spell power) Shadow damage.

8 Likes

the season 2 bonus is so boring please dont pick that garbage

14 Likes

Season 2 tier effect really is boring and it’s also RNG. As a PvP’er I already have an instant cast radiance so it really changes nothing for me lol.

Season 3 tier set is much more reliable since it’s not RNG based and I can control it. The double CDR and Sanctuary feels too good to give up honestly :sob:

6 Likes

You literally don’t have a 4 piece in PvP because everyone runs the talent bro.

Source: trust me bro

If you don’t play disc and you just want to vote to feel special just vote season 3, season 2 is boring and almost every disc has access to spatial paradox now thanks.

2 Likes

S3 is much better.

In the first hours I had it, I didnt like it, until I got to understand it better. Most casual players also wont’t see the value in it because they don’t even play the class properly.

S2 is even more useless with current Enduring Luminescence (in the past it didnt reduce the cast time).

On raid the situation gets even worse. Many of the ramp timers done on fights like smolderon would be unattainable with S2. Youd play the same fights with a weaker class. Depressing!

2 Likes

If you’re not voting for the current Season 3 Tier Set, you’re REALLY wrong.

If Season 2 wins, there will not be any disc priest on High Keys… Hope ppl understand that, and keep us alive on M+ content.

It was an error to let the community vote. Specially knowing that people can make hete vote.

Season 2 Tier Set does not give anything working with the current rework with only one charge of Mind Blast… Voting in the Season 2 tier set is a Major error.

3 Likes

It’s going to suck when S2 wins and Disc goes from S tier to C tier

5 Likes

Everyone’s going to be voting for Season 2 even though Season 3 is why we’re strong, aren’t they?

3 Likes

Allows you to take off ultimate radiance pvp talent

You get procs like every other spell

Also: If we got s1 set back we’d be shielding for over a million in pvp

S1 is by far the most fun of all the tier sets in pvp.

1 Like

That is NOT the tier set bonuses we just had.

1 Like