Discipline Priest Major Issues in Arena

Has anyone else been playing discipline priest in arena currently? With max gear the healing throughput feels absolutely awful. It feels like you are a level 40 in a lvl 70 arena. Radiance is clearly tuned without the prior strength of the radiance conduit. Atonement healing is non existent along with no longer having dual magic schools with the loss of shadowmend. In addition, you go oom in around 1:30 of constant dam from decent players. If they are trying to push the radiance playstyle and it makes us go oom, it needs to heal. They need to take a massive look at disc priest healing, with a microscope, cause you wont find it.

4 Likes

Have you tried getting good?

1 Like

I found the throughput to be good, the problem is we oom pretty fast, meanwhile prevoker does not

Ooms real quick

You’re finding the throughput good? What spells? Shield feels good, everything else feels like it doesnt move health bars at all.

I’ve been playing with my Disc friend, idk about his spec but he’s topping healing in every BG and never lets me die in skirms. The only issue I’ve seen is them going oom.

See he’s talking about real games, not farming rando’s in norms.

no chance he plays disc – the thorough put is awful compared to slands, damage is also super strong right now. I feel as if radiance is super underpowered like you stated and even flash heal feels weak.

This is how it feels for almost all healers right now, some specs do too much damage across the board, spread dmg is just really high.

1 Like

“Real games” = skirms???

wargames silly!

I tried it for the first time today. Fully geared, and I completely agree with you. Radiance feels like it does nothing. It takes like 10 flash heals to top someone. We don’t have the super big penance after radiance anymore… need to cast like 4 smites (in which time your team is probably dead). Maybe we’re doing something wrong, but I feel it’s incredibly weak.

Not as experienced as you, but I got glad every season in last xpac with pretty much every healer except MW.

All a fury warrior needs to do is train you the entire game, I feel like you’ll lose. To make matters worse, mindgames on disc does like 10K damage… when everyone has like 350K health…

1 Like

Played some disc in the beta to around 2k solo shuffle rating and it actually performs quite well in that environment.

Yea compared to presvoker the throughput seems rough but everyone feels that way except maybe mistweaver.

In a shuffle environment, most rounds end before you oom, and you have great tools that work well in deep dampening - (pain sup, life swap, and high damage)

I’ve won many rounds with my team rotting under 40% hp and then putting in a 125k expiation burst in a go to win, or a clutch swap into counter kill at deep dampening. Sometimes, trying to to recover when dampening ramps as disc is a bad idea and it can be better to be aggro while trading cds and look for the win condition.

Don’t discount it yet until rated comes out!

Disc for sure needs some changes imo.

I’m now “full” geared and have been doing some BGs, skirms, and recently a few war games against other R1’s. The throughput of disc just isn’t there. Vs good players my team sits at 50% HP- i don’t have a single ability that can top them during games even when free casting. Atonement just isn’t enough healing to keep them up either.

Last xpac disc was built around radiance and the penitent one leggo playstyle, which was cemented when they made the 4 set in SL season 4. Both of those were reliably lost, neither of them do close to as much healing as they used to (which is maybe for the best playstyle wise?).

I feel like they want to push an atonement playstyle in pvp, which is cool. Taking away shadow mend was a bad idea. Forcing us to spam smite to heal is just free bait to get kicked on our only healing school when we have no buttons to catch up. PW:S, PW:L and radiance, while instant, aren’t strong enough to fill the gaps. Rapture was gutted as well, and unless you spec full shield the button does almost nothing (relative to past xpacs).

There are a TON of % damage modifier talents for disc, but even with them smite still hits for less than holy somehow. If they don’t buff disc direct heals, they should un-nerf atonement and damage in PvP. With how weak our heals are, i expect us to be able to at least truck someone if we get an opportunity to free cast.

There’s a few little things that can be changed that i’ve come across as well. Just one example is the trinity pvp talent. Right now it’s almost unplayable with the changes to weakened soul and the CD put on PW:S.

that’s enough rambling for now

1 Like

No, Skrims.

Disc main alt here. This checks out. Lmao.