Disc pvp buffs, Holy pvp nerfs in latest 9.1

Priest

Thoughtsteal’s (PvP Talent) “Confused” spell that players are afflicted with after being Thoughtstolen is now a 20 second cooldown to indicate the duration of the lockout.

**Discipline**
        New PvP Talent: Inner Light and Darkness.
        Searing Light (PvP Talent) renamed to Blaze of Light and has been redesigned – Increases the damage of Smite and Penance by 15%, and Penance increases or decreases your target’s movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds (was Smite damage increased by 15%, and reduced the cooldown of Penance by 1 second).
        Ultimate Radiance (PvP Talent) healing increased by 150% (was 250%).
        Trinity (PvP Talent) no longer increases Atonements damage to healing transfer by 20% and the critical strike chance of Smite, Penance and Shadowfiend has been increased to 30% (was 25%).
        Atonement’s damage to healing transfer has been increased by 20% in PvP combat.

**Holy**
        Cardinal Mending (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Increases the healing of Prayer of Mending by 50% and its jump range by 10 yards.
        Miracle Worker (PvP Talent) Holy Word: Serenity cooldown reduced by 20% (was 25%).
        Greater Heal (PvP Talent) cooldown decreased to 12 seconds (was 15 seconds) and now ignores healing reduction effects.
        Divine Ascension (PvP Talent) now increases the range of your spells by 50% while you are in flight.
        Greater Fade (PvP Talent) duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
        Flash Heal healing increased by 15% in PvP combat.
    Shadow

The new disc pvp talent is a stance with a 15sec cooldown on switching, perma duration.

-Light = -15% mana cost of all healing spells
-Dark = +10% spell damage and atonement healing

Like the buffs to disc honestly, radiance is boring.

Holy got buffed if I remember correctly, 1 sec greater fade nerf means nothing compared to what they get.

Isn’t cardinal mending losing its 10% instant heal that ignores MS pretty big? its always really high up on their healing done.

Also slight reduction in serenity recharge.

That’s a massive change especially for 2s, made holy god tier in dampening

I mean still Holy Pri will stay strong and S tier after these changes, their mana efficiency is much better than Disc and HolyPala, competes with Resto Druid. This change doesn’t mean much, 2 seconds of Greater fade is already enough to avoid dangers so it is basically a dull change, they’ll just be vulnerable to CC 1 sec earlier. I am curious to see next meta :thinking:

I would love to see some changes to HolyPala and Disc (Slightly) mana regen increase, I hope they admit that they overnerfed HolyPaladin…

Where are you seeing this build ?

latest 9.1

I wonder if Disc will still be able to heal through the crazy burst damage with the nerfed Radiance?

1 Like

Definitely nerfs them in RBGs but I think they will be fine in arena.

Honestly though, baseline 70% atonement healing + that new darkness stance will make up for it in RBGs. Sustained throughput will be insane.

We won’t. If the burst is still insane I would love to see us heal with atonement and shadow mend spam but it just isn’t the case. So stupid that the only instant-cast burst heal we have is nerfed. Sigh.

Yeah, I’m more worried about being able to heal through something like ret/war or ww/dk in 3s. Without radiance in its current form, I’m not sure if that’s possible.

Yah. Radiance paired with the mana reduction talent would have been fun if the healing wasnt nerfed. Oh well.

It’s already hard enough as is. Lol. Guess we’ll see. The other changes do seem fun and having Trinity baked in is a great idea.

I like the atonement healing but I feel like they nerfed overall throughput; I could be misreading but I don’t really like trinity nerf; and I feel like radiance will still need to be played against most comps anyways

jk read this on the link above somewhere:

Atonement’s damage to healing transfer has been increased by 20% in PvP combat.

On top of the new stance, disc is looking to be exciting, but I still feel like radiance will still need to be used against certain comps, but I am happy about the radiance nerf