Disc Priest vs Fury Warrior Help

What do I do?
Their damage is so high and with mortal wounds I cant even top myself. Radiance, get a proc, shadow mend to bait kick, and then MAYBE I can get big penance off if he doesnt stop it with fear. I try to fear, he bladestorms or unshackles himself. I cant move, Im blowing 5 defensive cds for his 1 maybe 2 offensives and still cant top myself even standing in bubble. Is this just me? What can I do better?

Idk saw gekz say “just get it over with” and let the fury kill him before maybe try that

5 Likes

I think that you’re somewhat reliant on playing around teammates CC on the Warrior. Like, if you’ve got a Rogue kidneying/disarming, a Feral stunning, rooting and cloning, etc, then you can Mind Control off the stuns to buy time.

If you’ve got a BM Hunter plinking away at the Fury while telling you “just live” then you’ll have a rough time, yeah. You should bleed CDs real quickly if the Fury can just sit there and hack away.

1 Like

What about sub rogue shadowy duel
Its a one shot I cant heal through.
Is blizz just on a spree of taking options out of our hands. One setup and its gg. As a healer its infuriating

1 Like

The person capable of reliably saving needs to hold their stuff to shut down the duel. So, like, you might have to use defensives/trinkets strangely to preserve their stuff in anticipation of the duel.

Also I…thought Radiance and maybe Barrier went through duel. Perhaps a Priest player could comment on Disc in particular.

I don’t know why this was so funny

If you see the rogue playing venthyr just hold dome for duel also if you double radiance which goes through duel there’s a high chance he lives depending on what class they are

Pretty much what Kenny said. If you can’t get the fury’s stacks off you’re toast.

One thing I would add is to try using mc on war to drop stacks/get interrupts. Pumping mends through a 40% ms is going to be a losing battle. If they don’t stop MC then you will drop stacks, and can probably top off before they’re back up. If they do stop it then you can penance or whatever.

MC alone isn’t that reliable vs competent players obviously, but I have won a few games that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise that way and it’s something else to try.

1 Like

Give it 2 mins if they arent dead in ur team mates 2nd cooldowns id just leave and reque.

1 Like

Unless you’re playing a high kite/CC comp to negate his stacks, about all you can do is hope you can either CC their healer, and nuke the Warrior, or separate the Warrior from their healer to keep him from intervening, etc. and nuke his healer.

Both of which are crappy options because any damage your team is doing has to contend with constantly high damage coupled with a 40% MS. Pretty much the same with DH as well. So as a Disc unless you’re running with a Hunter, Rogue, or Feral your options are to not die, and kill something first… basically.

play around mc and pillars a lot. make sure who ever can purge on the other team is out of line of sight of the warrior

Throw a coloring book down to distract them

7 Likes

there’s a lot you can do to stretch the game out that people have posted here, but there’s almost never a way to actually force a fury warrior to give up on hitting you and swap something else

You can by trying to drag the warrior behind pillars and keep forcing him to los his healer.
Works sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t. Depends on the match up really

need to drop stacks asap, instead of baiting kick with shadow mend u can use MC, if he sits it all the stacks drop, but during burst ur teammates need to help you

1 Like

No.

There are a few ways you can approach it. You can play with an outlaw rogue that can hard peel for you and shut down the warrior completely during their goes. OR, you can play with something that can generate enough pressure that forces the warrior off of you.

BM, SV, Demo, etc. can all do this. Your main goal here is to pull the warrior LOS of their healer and your dps is keeping slows/cc on their healer to create pressure. If they stick on you, they die. If the warrior is sticking on you despite that, your dps isn’t generating enough pressure.

OR, you could just play with a very bursty spec and play a short game. You’re burning through CDs to stay alive WHILE creating offensive pressure.

If you’re just sitting their tanking damage, they win almost every time. Not that you can’t pull them LOS and try to MC them… but that is often map specific and dependant on what healer they are playing with. In the end, it’s what your partner is doing that matters most here.

1 Like