Disc Priest Tier Set Bonus in PvP

Our 2-piece and 4-piece bonus just looks horrible from a PvP perspective. I know we do not have our tier sets yet and all of my opinions on this is from current gear and just trying to calculate the percentages based off of what we are doing now. I apologize in advance for any typos or any wrong usage of words. I just woke up at 1 am after getting 2 hours of sleep and couldn’t go back to bed and this is the result of that.

2-set:
PW:Shield improves our next heal or damage ability by 10%? Well, flash heal doesn’t do anything and empowering 1 flash heal when most the time when you have to press Flash Heal you’re having to press it multiple times in a row to top someone doesn’t really feel too great. As for the damage side of it this 2-piece effect only really matters in my opinion on abilities like an offensive Penance or a Lights Wrath where you are using these to assist your team in kills.

Even then the 2 set feels way worse than what we had in SL s3/4. Since we have Surge of Light I am going to assume we won’t see the 2 set from Shadowlands again and would like to see our Penitent One legendary from Shadowlands potentially replacing this or making our Flash Heal or Power Word: Shield have a 30% chance of giving us the Penitent One effect. My reasoning being for this is that Priest for the last 3 xpacs has been forced to play almost all Radiance benefiting talents or soulbinds and a big problem Priest has had with this is Mana. Most Priest that I have seen in my experience don’t enjoy the fact that we are too reliant on Radiance in high stress moments, and I would like to see more of our healing shifted into abilities like Flash Heal and Penance.

4-set:
Our 4-set seemed interesting when I first looked at it but after thinking about it for all of 30 seconds it’s just boring. The difference in the shield between a damage Penance and a healing Penance with current numbers/gear is such a minor difference that it’s not even worth even thinking about how you use your Penance. Once again going back to Shadowlands our 4-set bonus was much more interesting and allowed us way more control over how we set up our use of Penance.

This kind of contradicts my above statement where I would like to see us move away from Radiance however as the spec currently stands and how it has seemed to stand in PvP for the past 3 expansions I don’t see this changing and would like to atleast see some more control over our Penance and Power of the Dark Side again. More so than it seems we currently have, I suppose.

Currently Disc feels pretty underwhelming in PvP outside of our major defensive cd’s. Potentially with gear my opinion on our set bonus will change.

I still have fun playing Disc Priest and love the spec and Dragonflight so far is WAY better than Shadowlands however the mechanics of my class do not feel better (mechanics is probably the wrong word here), and I hope that this can be looked at or changed in the future if the set bonuses remain this way.

Thank you for reading and I would love to hear outside opinions about the set bonuses.

Sorry extreme brain fog change all Penitent One with Power of the Dark Side proc since we have Penitent One just though smites.

They specifically made tier sets weak so it wouldn’t interrupt the talent tree implementation. They said that. They don’t want tier to define a class or play style.

If you look at other tier sets it’s the same. You could argue holy is one of the strongest tier set bonuses.

I think it actually synergizes with how they designed disc this expansion. (Imo not well atleast for current pvp meta) due to the burst and rot and million ccs and interrupts in this expansion. I don’t think it will actually help us much.

I do look forward to trying it though.

I say rip power out of the talent trees alltogether, and give more choice in variety as to what teir set they want to use.

Why does Blizzard make this so hard? Why can’t it spec correctly for what talent tree you have enabled? With the gear changing to that talent tree with appropriate buffs? We are not talking rock science… If in that tier set you don’t like what is given in stats, sub out a few items for what you want, but keeping the main 6 for the buffs appropriate to talent tree. FYI - Bliz Holy and Disc do not chase the same buff

Hey all, I am wondering what people think about the tier set for disc in march? I just got the 4 piece and it feels like my healing went up a ton. But I don’t know why because I am pretty new to disc pvp.

I couldn’t agree more with this statement. Would be so simple to have the gear change to the spec you are currently. So you use one set of gear, but if you change to holy from disc, the armor changes for the role, if you switch form holy to shadow, the same. Blizz is making it to hard on themselves. I love the FYI, I have said the same thing multiple times!