Disc Priest Healing/Absorb burst in BGs

Curious why people referred to lenience as “padding the meters” when it doesn’t actually show up on meters or the scoreboard since it’s % damage reduction?

I’m referring to Luminous Barrier, which is 100% a talent that’s used to pad the meters. You either take Evangelism or Lenience depending on the content you’re doing. Luminous Barrier is a crappy absorb on a long cooldown that he makes look “decent” by stacking absurdly high mastery as a disc priest and using it during archangel. That’s the definition of padding meters. Maybe they will release an MoP/WoD server and those that like bubble disc will be able to enjoy it. Until then, I suggest playing the spec correctly.

However—these are just random BGs and I suppose it can be fun to just mess around with meme builds, there really is nothing wrong with that. As long as you acknowledge it’s a meme build :slight_smile:

I was referring to comments like:

Oh, my bad. Yeah I have no clue why he would say that, I don’t understand how a damage reduction talent can pad the meters.

If the absorbs aren’t getting popped then wouldn’t it be the equivalent of overhealing?

Yes, any left over absorb counts as overhealing on details.

Title to this is “Healing/Absorb burst”. I think the people complaining are missing the point here lol.

it is a flame because it’s absurd how you expect one healer to make all the difference in a 10-man game and Im stuck with LFG

it bounced up to 42k, though I cut the clip short shortly before it reached that high. other times it goes up to over 50k … depends on the situation.

a mitigation of 3% on every attack is restricted to only that amount and wont prevent kills, whereas a Luminous Barrier isnt restrained by a percentage, and can mitigate up to 100% of an attack

it also gives time for other healers to apply HoTs as the players wont receive any damage until the Absorb is depleted. Lenience , on the other hand, does not prevent any attack from lowering HP.

[quote=“Dactylion-frostmourne, post:28, topic:535170”]
it is a flame because it’s absurd how you expect one healer to make all the difference in a 10-man game and Im stuck with LFG
[/quote]the classic bad player argument, blaming everybody around them except for themselves.

On the overall game, Lenience’s only cap is that of the enemy.
LBs cap is cooldown and varianced on what the enemy does whilst it’s active.
It’s the same as just not bothering do the damage into a monk cocoon.

Or you could do as much healing as the fundamentals of the spec allows you to and stop making excuses for playing with bad players.

Your argument is based off of bad gameplay and nobody in the history of any competitive game or sport accounts for bad play before going into a game.

riight… because it’s my fault that the DPS defending a node got capped on which cost us the game :roll_eyes:

ignoring you now troll