Disc Priest Healing/Absorb burst in BGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxM5JDLJLVs

An overview of my Disc Priest healing burst in PvP, with Absorbs on teammates of over 330k, with crits going above 470k!

Mage Greater Pyros and Chaos Bolts are completely absorbed during my burst, and regular healing outside of burst is very high.

My current gear is at 464 ilvl. Cloak at level 8. No Raiding essences or gear.

All examples shown in the vid are from Rated Battlegrounds - no added potions, flasks or food buffs were used.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Curious if anyone will try doing a haste/ineffable truth version instead to get cooldowns back faster. Smaller shields but more frequent raptures, barriers, archangels etc.

I’m having trouble when I use my mastery set- I can’t seem to get casts off without interruption. How much haste should I be having?

Edit: Any chance this talent build + mastery favouring translates well into pve? I keep wanting to work on my priest and other alts but I’m looking for something that will work decently for both pve/pvp.

Also, i’m assuming Luminous Barrier scales with the mastery? Otherwise it seems like we’re giving up 70%dr on Dome, but Lum probably works really well for larger grps like rbg/bg.

Major throughput comes just from Atonement uptime, not cds.

Mastery over haste ruins the fluidity of the spec and overall throughput.

Mastery honestly just can’t compete in pve.
For example, raid bosses have windows where you ramp and if you’re lacking haste you’re going to lose out on precious seconds that atonement lasts and what goes through in that atonement window on each player.

You want to be finishing the last 1 or 2 Atonements as the damage comes out and then be doing damage through the entire duration and Mastery really doesn’t help with that.

M+ has difference variances but Haste Crit still out performs.

Luminous over Evangelism/Lenience just doesn’t cut it, it can also be purged and doesn’t stop as much damage as Dome.

Lenience should only be used in Arena or high rot like Spriest/Aff/War/UH & FDk/Arcane

–
No flame but the video is just 20 second segments of different BGs of you overlapping cooldowns on 10 people to stop damage on 1 person.

1 Like

So if I go haste/vers for pvp I’d still need to have some haste/crit for pve?

I mean they were getting 50% from mastery vs. 200% from rapture and 15% from archangel. They were also adding in Luminous Barriers to their shield totals, which would be up more often with ineffable truth. edit: though I think a regular barrier with the 90s CDR would be better and would be up a lot with IT

With ineffable truth you’d be getting 200% raptures + the ability to shield over a weakened soul more frequently. You could also combine ineffable truth with dark archangel and give your group 15% damage buffs more frequently as another option.

Although you could also do a couple mastery corruptions + ineffable truths and just not get as many procs as with haste.

You ever notice how his HPS barely moved when everybody had shields up?

The entire build relies on variance. Whether or not somebody hits you or not and whether they just wait for it to come down and then use CDs.
Disc already has the capability to pull over 100k HPS reliably and shields just rely on the enemy team too much.

If the stars did really align there’s only tops 4 maps it’s going to be effective and even that is still left up to a variance.

The PvP talents is what makes Luminous Barrier and PW: Shield so strong, and what Doragodxo has shared makes sense in a Raid situation.

It doesn’t get purged since in a BG there are many more buffs that are applied to players than in an Arena.

Dome has a small area which often wont cover as many players since it’s stationary, and players move around constantly.

My Details has shown Luminous to consistently prevent 2-3mill damage throughout the match. I wont see anything near that amount with a Dome in an RBG/BG, and Lenience is padding meters since the mitigation rate is so low.

I have never seen any healer pull 100k HPS in a BG/RBG environment. Ever. That’s playing with 2.4k+ Rated Healers with over 470ilvl and Raid gear.

If you have seen it happen, please post a screenshot or video… though I suspect you’re comparing PvE to PvP.

You’re still using LB for 1 person and the healing from LB is capped whereas Dome isn’t.

All you have to do is Psyfiend Purge and the persons dead.

Lenience can literally do the same healing as LB. 3% of all the damage in an RBG. It doesn’t take 10 people to reach 100M damage and that’s already 3 mill dmg prevented without having variances change it.

Was beginning of the season. You don’t need to be 2.4 to pull numbers. It’s not complex, it’s extremely simple.

Only that spam purging happens in specific scenarios such as killing the FC by a few specific classes, and only if they’re on assault, even at 2k mmr.

So your point isn’t a strong case against LB (it would be stronger in the case of an Arena - though this isnt what we’re discussing).

As I outlined before, it’s padding meters because the amount is so pitifully low.

My combined LB + Rapture Shield (at 60%+ Mastery) is strong enough to mitigate a Chaos Bolt and GPy at the same time on the same target, which often happens even at 1800 mmr in order to land kills.

The combined Absorb is what will prevent them from being blown up - not a passive 3% Damage reduction on Atonement lol

You should already know this though given your experience :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Then the argument is invalid because it doesnt apply to the current season.

You have a priest too, yes? Should give it a crack sometime :slight_smile:

Exactly and you’re overlapping 2 cds which downfall to purges.

I mean just go into your clips and just look at ur HPS not even move.
The variance is just too high to be supported by the simplest of logic.

LB is literally padding metres and as i outlined before Lenience doesn’t have a cap, doesn’t have a variance, and is happening all the time.

Yes, thats correct. You’re using raidwide cool downs for 2 spells on 2 people. Also not account for any other healer you’re playing with.

Everybody in the game has cooldowns. DoS is discs strongest trait, and you’re running it.

You’re not accounting for your comprehension skills or reading skills, which ever one is the wall you’re hitting.

If anything, it is relevant. Corruptions making something strong, stronger and making something weak, less weak.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/papsmermymom

1 Like

At the end of the day if you are enjoying a bubble build and seeing success, go for it. If you’re having fun that is all that matters, even if it’s not the most optimal.

@Doragodxo I enjoyed your transmog with the mask. The cutest goblin!

How’s healing arena with that little amount of vers? I’ve been flirting the idea of working on my disc.

Fortunately people don’t think you’re stacking haste so we beat every rogue dh team.

Lose to Rogue/Mage most of the time.

If I Q at American prime then we vs all the bad teams, if I q at Aus prime time, we go 50/50

It does seem significantly easier the later at night we play. 10-12pm CST is when we climb the most it seems.

Any chance you have any clips on twitch or anything playing this high haste build in arenas? I’m genuinely curious.

It actually does in most circumstances, and often my heals are in lead by quite a margin.

In the first clip (EoTs) it races ahead… or did you not catch that?

The Gilneas clips are fairly short and with interruptions of my explanations, along with slowed down gameplay speed, so it’s not really long enough to adequately judge.

The FC clip doesnt move as much because there’s only myself, MW, and DH FC in the room and only for a few seconds before he caps and races off. That isn’t a fair amount of time to judge it.

I can upload a vid of an actual match in place that will give you a much more accurate representation of my heals and absorbs in practice.

oh please :roll_eyes:

It’s a significant absorb on every player around me. That prevents damage and burst. That doesnt constitute as padding meters.

No sorry. If I do I’ll share.

No flame but you’re 46% wr in 230 games.

30k HPS when you’ve used everything. Pog

You’re literally trading out an AoE wall the size big enough to cover all of mid in EoTS for healing numbers on the metres; that’s padding.

might just dust this priest off and give it a try sounds like fun

This video looks like it was made by someone who misses old disc priest. Big absorbs are fun and all, but it looks like you’re just padding the meters tbh. Plus once you overlap all your cool downs like that for one situation what will you do with your mins of downtime?

Love seeing this and thank you for sharing

Pretty sick

1 Like