Disc Coven/Legendary in 9.2

I do not have many people I can speak to about this, help a guy out.

What coven do you think Disc priests might go in 9.2. I think Mindgames is incredibly amazing in both brackets. In 3s and 2s it almost always forces a reaction of some sort, dispel, CD, defensive playstyle. So I feel like mindgames is the way to go always. BUT with the introduction of the coven legendary it makes me think we might change?

The Venthyr Legendary for priest is absolute garbage. Do you think disc priests will go night fae or even necro in 3s in 9.2? Thanks guys!

Right now already most top priests have swapped to night fae and are running bwonsamdi’s pact leggo.
Basically right now flow chart for best outcome is:
If playing sub rogue/mage go holy and be venthyr for mindgames.
Any other comp be disc and go night fae, playing night fae leggo+relentless vs everything except rogue/mage or ww monks where you have to take trinket to deal with burst and use sephuz.

I would be surprised for it to go live as proposed without big changes/tuning given how imbalanced covenant specific leggos are, but if it did every disc priest will be night fae running covenant leggo + sephuz

1 Like

Swapped to night fae from vent in .5 and haven’t looked back yet

1 Like

How does the bwonsamdis pact work? Where does the “direct mask” go?

It starts off whoever you cast the faeries on, and then you can swap it around by targeting someone else with a faerie and pressing your faerie keybind.
So, let’s say I’m playing RMP and I want to use it to double the mana regen, and I have ‘1’ as my faerie keybind.
I would cast faeries on my mage to give mage 20 seconds off of combustion (at this point mage is getting 30 sec off of combustion because the mask is auto applied to mage, which I don’t want), then I cast shield on whoever enemy is training if it’s not mage to give that person the 20% damage reduction faerie, and then I cast shadow word pain on the enemy we are training and press ‘1’ again to move the mask from my mage to the enemy so instead of giving mage 10 additional sec off combust I get 2x mana back from my team hitting that person.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if you have any other disc priest specific questions :slight_smile: