Disappearing Gear

I was trying to equip my fishing pole and when I clicked on it, a new window opened. When I closed the window, my fishing pole had disappeared from my inventory. I tried using the Item Recovery web page but it didn’t list any fishing poles as being sold, destroyed or disenchanted so I can’t recover it that way.

I just had that happen to me. Did you get the issue resolved?

Same here. Just lost my Jeweled Fishing Pole that took a lot of quests to acquire. Have poles been removed from the game with the new expansion?

ETA: OK I got it back by equipping another pole. However, neither pole shows in the character item slot.

1 Like

EDIT: ah there it is…in the fishing journal equipped as a profession tool as big as you please. Nice. Saves a bag slot.

My Northrend Tuskarr pole just disappeared. Tried to equip it in my stave / mainhand slot but it said it does not go there <?> and its gone. It is not in buy back. The fishing pole showed equipped on my back, though my stave weapon was still in the MH slot.

So…now I’m wondering where its gotten to or did they change how fishing poles work?

I thought maybe it moved to a tool slot, like enchanting has for professions, I can equip my enchanting rod on the enchanting pane, but there is no “fishing pane”.

EDIT2: The mining pick if using the gnomish army knife as a mining pick (among other things) does not equip in the trade tool slot of the mining journal. Apparently it needs a one function ye olde pick. I hope they correct that.

EDIT: ah there it is…in the fishing journal equipped as a profession tool as big as you please. Nice. Saves a bag slot.

2 Likes