Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

You can still sell end of raid mythic mount as that is tradeable without knowing it. And you can still sell levels at 120 with Islands, its just slower and less fun since you can’t use legendaries.

2 Likes

When I got bored I farmed Island Expeditions on my 110 DH for transmog and now that won’t be a thing. I wasn’t using it to power level people but I can see the appeal because of how slow the leveling process has been.

Once again though this is another short-sighted change. Terribly disappointed. Really starting to show you aren’t Blizzard anymore with this expansion and everything it entails.

30 Likes

Hey Guys, You’re not having fun the right way. Please allow Blizzard to show you the right way to have fun.

I just wish Blizzard would help show me the right way to live my life.

50 Likes

Oh, let’s not confuse the Dev’s actions with what players want. Two different goals here.

15 Likes

Here’s what I don’t get, it doesn’t hurt the sales of 110 boosts, its a fast and relatively reliable way to farm the transmog sets, pets, mounts, and other rewards from Island expeditions for many who might not have the capital to just buy what they want, so why nerf this? And for those selling powerleveling, there’s this amazing thing where you don’t have to buy them right? If you don’t want to/have time to earn the rewards and would rather pay someone to help you, GREAT! Have the time to earn them on your own? Great!!! This game can be played more than 1 way. Just because its not how you play, doesn’t mean its that way for everyone.

The pvp brackets are separate already, for instanced pvp anyway. This is a very unnecessary change that is focusing on the wrong problem, similar to the keystone delete thing. Can we please focus on the fundamental issues of WHY people are choosing this playstyle rather than just getting rid of it and saying “boom done?”

31 Likes

FUN DETECTED FUN DETECTED FUN DETECTED. Blizzard systems initializing removal of fun. Please stand by.

42 Likes

I’m really disappointed to see this change. Players may keep alts for various reasons, and if they choose to spend some time to min/max gear to take advantage of scaling, they should be free to at ANY level.

29 Likes

you guys are so clueless

it’s no wonder i’m gradually moving away from the game…

58 Likes

What a dumb change.

But hey, since you’ve essentially invalidated 110 end-game with this short-sighted change, any chance you can change Legion raids to run off Legacy loot rules instead of Personal Loot for 120s?

You can’t really fabricate much of an excuse to deny transmog in one particular bracket anymore.

54 Likes

It removes the need to see any BFA content between 110-120 quest-wise, instead you get people rushing to 120 via buying levels and that’s never been something Blizzard supported.

That’s true but as you said it’s slower and if you haven’t noticed, they want everything to be slower so increased /playtime. I don’t like that at all but in this case I make an exception because of level-selling for gold using hyper-geared lvl 110s who can plow through dungeons and IEs and be immortal with legendaries.

1 Like

Can you please start communicating to us on the battlegrounds/pvp threads.

" It’s been 84 years ……. ".

6 Likes

Fun detected. Must nerf

31 Likes

Could like, I don’t know, fix the game instead of nerfing it but I guess one is a hell of a lot easier than the other.

26 Likes

-Gapes like a fish for a few moments-

This is the first thing I have encountered that legitimately makes me want to quit the game.

I JUST started twinking out my Alliance DH so I could do speed runs of outdated transmog.

I was even going to drop 90k on the Sentinel boots so I could get the most efficiency out of the DH speed.

Guess I’m never logging into her again, instead.

/use Flippable Table

56 Likes

I don’t get how this is any different from 101 twinks in legion. Why are you breaking twinks now and not 2 years ago.

35 Likes

This expansion just gets worse and worse as time goes on

57 Likes

Because they need people to spend more time in-game, the earnings report is approaching again - wouldn’t want to have to tell them “engagement” is down.

18 Likes

How about disabling experience gained in general if you group up with a player who has their experience turned off this prevents powerleveling while allowing players to keep their playstyles

19 Likes
11 Likes

So they do something that encourages the exact opposite for many of those left in the playerbase?

19 Likes