Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

I keep my skinner at 110 for a reason, that reason being that I don’t want to have to level and then raid gear my skinning alt just to gather skins at a reasonable pace.

Maybe instead of going out of your way to break workarounds for your bad game design you could actually fix the scaling to not penalize people for leveling by making the world grow exponentially stronger while the player gets weaker and weaker.

8 Likes

Quoting for truth.

10 Likes

Oh they were spamming IE’s? At least someone finally explained it, thanks.

2 Likes

Might I suggest that you first start by taking a look at reducing the nerfs to characters stats as they level up? From 110 to 120, haste especially takes too big of a cut in numbers.
Work on the stats scaling, it is the problem.

12 Likes

Never said I was. Clearly Blizzard thinks it’s worth their time because otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist. Maybe think a bit before you post okay?

1 Like

The smart move would have been disabling BFA content for xp-locked 110 characters. But no, let’s ruin the whole thing.

3 Likes

I don’t know how fast it would go on twinks, but my wife and I frequently help friends level via islands, and with a pair of 120 monks it usually takes us a solid afternoon of play to get someone up to 120…probably around the same length of time you spend questing. At most, the terrible exploit of leveling via twinks might shave off a couple of hours.

1 Like

Stop letting the CFO be the game designer, jesus. You guys are pinching pennies way too hard. The bad PR isn’t worth it.

Every time I see stuff like this it encourages me to unsub…and I finally did just now.

15 Likes

Yes please. If anything, add heirloom scaling for 120 and fill the rest of the heirloom slots for wrists, feet, hands and belt.

Hell, make them stronger as they used to be. They’ve really been hurt in effectiveness since the stat squishes. They used to feel powerful until wod hit. Now they feel like blues/greens.

7 Likes

Blizzard actually reconsidering this if you use your :brain: and :eye:.

2 Likes

This was pretty much my thoughts as well. :thinking:

1 Like

This is a garbage change and whomever decided it would actually be implemented is garbage at their job.

6 Likes

Or… see that they reconsidered their stance based on our feedback and decided to find a better solution - like you were saying they shouldn’t do - maybe you should think a bit more before you act like a know it all, ok?

7 Likes

How is wanting to stay in legion longer an exploit?

4 Likes

WOW that is the best thing i have seen here. Thanks for your thoughts!!

1 Like

And yours is the exact type of pettiness - mommy Blizz, mommy Blizz, Billy got a bigger scoop of ice cream than me! - that appears to be guiding the development decisions of this game.

4 Likes

They’ve said they are discussing options. That doesn’t mean this change won’t go through as intended originally, only that they are prepared to look at other options and see if anything else can work. Which is a good stance to take. It’s always better to be open to discussion than not, but there’s a very real chance that Blizzard will stay on course here, and people have to be prepared for that.

1 Like

If they do will you shut up then?

7 Likes

Oof, Blizz quickly finding out that was a bad idea. Maybe people were not be twinking at 110 to do Islands if Islands didn’t feel worse the more you level? Scaling content has done very poorly, by the time you get to 116+ you feel so weak compared to your 110 counterpart it’s not even funny.

5 Likes

Agreed, why was this issue not addressed. My main is usually a priest but I got tired of being pulled into paid dungeon runs, blocked worked for them.