Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters

I can see that you put this as a possible cause to the reason for people unsubbing. Thinking that you can force the people that want to unsub not to by making them play the same exact quest chain 3 or 4 more times is not the way to keep customers. You work on this but still no response to people selling heroic and mythic clears. ridiculous.

1 Like

Blizzard always wants players feed back.
This post has a lot of negative feed back about the up coming change about locked exp.
they will still go against the players and force this awful change.

2 Likes

The fact that last expansion had the same thing available and supported in the community just to have them back pedal and destroy it this expac is my opinion very short sighted and could be fixed another way then just removing the feature all together. You guys are struggling for content right now, why are you REMOVING reasons for people to play?

5 Likes

Slow leveling? I went from 110-120 on this toon in 7 hours.

3 Likes

versus subs?

lol
wicked slight

4 Likes

100%. This change is to force players into participating in BfA content.

6 Likes

This is what happen when a game made by geniuses like Jeff, Pardo, and Metzen get passed to a lawyer.

Can you just not touch anything next expansion?

11 Likes

Hey Blizz I see a typo…it should be 111+

Then make IE 111 level required and leave 110s alone.

6 Likes

You’re kidding right? Leveling since WoD has been a lot more engaging, fun, and doesn’t take too long. BfA has been the best leveling experience imo (and actually others too) to date. If you love to run your 10 level lower friends through dungeons (since this is only for 110+) you still can but they won’t get the XP but who cares right? Since you do it because you like to run them through the dungeons.

2 Likes

i tought there were more pressing issues to be taken care off but i guess that this was really game breaking

2 Likes

My guess it was done to fix an issue with bots - it didn’t fix the issue at all. Just punished those that were using LFG for legitimate reasons.

4 Likes

Why is it ok to have a low level twink completely dominate a PvP match or dungeon within a particular level range, and in the same policy deny a low level twink the ability to completely dominate a PvP match, island or dungeon within a particular level range?

Stop blaming the victim!

1 Like

Who cares what friggin content I’m in. Am I ruining your game or something???

4 Likes

I PURPOSEFULLY leave my skinner at 110 since you are actively penalized for gaining levels by getting weaker while the world scales exponentially around you. I don’t want to level some alts because of how anti-fun you have made gaining levels to be. I don’t want to have to get my skinner raid geared just to collect skins at a reasonable rate this is awful.

I know it is futile to change you devs minds on things since you believe yourselves infallible and all but leave it alone for #%## sakes!

9 Likes

Just punished those that were using LFG for legitimate reasons.

It sure did. Punish is the right word. It was humiliating and frustrating, and now I’m never going to touch that tool again.

1 Like

Who asked for this like really

4 Likes

I’ve used up my quota of likes today, so I’ll just repost this instead.

The broken implementation of scaling is a problem. And I’m not even anti-scaling. But I shouldn’t arrive in new content a GOD and grow weaker as my level and ilvl increase.

10 Likes

So, basically, my interpretation of this is that Blizzard fully recognizes that scaling is broken. When a level 110 character has an easier time killing mobs than higher level characters, there is a big problem.

14 Likes

I never did this but already people are mad and I can see why. The majority of people will not abuse the system but you have some that will and in turn it punishes the people that are not breaking the rules. This will not go well.

3 Likes

And that’s unfortunate, but Blizzard had two options here:

A. Micromanage to an extreme degree and trawl through the logs of millions of players to determine which ones were abusing functionality and punish them for what they did, and continue to do so (because it’s not actually something that is easily reported) moving forward to ensure no one does it in the future.

B. Turn off the ability to lock XP at level 110, which will slow and then stop the problem behavior quickly and ensure it doesn’t happen again in the future.

If I was running Blizzard? I’d prefer Option B because Option A would require far too much work and wouldn’t guarantee that the behavior would actually stop.

1 Like