"Disabled while level decreased"

I understand that there is certainly a requirement to scale back the capability of certain classes, especially in level-squished scenarios - however, I recently brought a friend to the game for the first time in his life, and have a group of 5 of us that are helping him level - instead of just the standard damage reduction, I’ve come to learn that it now scales your level down AND disables certain abilities / trinkets.

This has unfortunately resulted in a major squish to Havoc DH, specifically Fel-Scarred. Among the disabled abilities are Fel Blade, and the demonsurge triggers off of Eyebeam. With felblade disabled, it is quite literally impossible to generate fury outside of immolation aura and the seemingly reduced on hit passive fury. This results in quite literally not being able to cast any spells, sometimes for stretches of 15-20 seconds. This results in my demon hunter literally just becoming an autoattack robot, unable to even cast chaos nova to help CC mobs, due to its 25 fury cost. I humbly ask that the level-squish hinderances on this class (and probably many more, I just haven’t experimented with them) are given a second look - it is unfortunate that I have to create new toons because their damage output is 5x what my main is in this low level content.

3 Likes

DH is definitely bugged, i was leveling dg with a friend on my 70 DH and everything was fine, but after going past 70 and queuing with him for pre-70 dg, a bunch of my talents (even level 10 talents) were disabled. i cannot generate ANY fury other than immolation aura, even the passive autoattack fury generation is disabled.
this does not seem intended at all.

EDIT: found the issue, demonic blades is indeed gome and game re-enabled Demon’s Bite ability (which Demonic Blades normally replaces).