Disable Vault for PvP

Hello everyone!

I believe this topic will have split opinions which is fine.

So the reason why I believe vault should be disabled for PvP section is because of the RNG and the possibility to become way stronger than everyone else in four week.

If you are lucky, you will have 4set within the first 5 weeks meanwhile other players have looted 4 rings, 4 necks and 4 backs.

This creates a disadvantage going into ranked PVP as people will be better geared or have better advantage from their setbonus.

I also believe we should be able to purchase our tier pieces from the conquest vendor, but reduce the item level more when it comes to PvE content.

Another option is to go back and have a PvP set with a different setbonus, focused on PvP. This will make so PvE players wont get it for PvE aswell as PvP players wont have to rely on vault to become stronger.

Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

The vault was meant to battle rng a bit, perhaps they should just give a token so you can pick out the piece you want instead.

Or just ensure you can’t get duped items in the vault, with that I mean that you can’t get two pvp helmets or 3 bracers.

2 Likes

A token would also work. The issue is when you play against people who has a 25% powerspike compared to you.

Dupes wouldn’t solve the issue with people gettin 4set when others have to wait for catalyst to open though :confused:

Were stat templates such a hates thing in past expansions? A stat template would even the playing field right?

Ideally they should, but the issue that was ran into during Legion is that you had people who ran mythics raids/dungeons walking all over other people who didn’t do such a thing at the time in BGs or Arenas and it ended up causing issues.

If they were to bring stat templates back it would be best to make sure the playing field is more set in stone and not flexible with the highest tier of PvE you’ve participated in, but even then that would stir some bad blood.

Oh, I thought stat templates normalized everyone to the same level of stats period.

There were templates, but they were scaled up to 10% depending on your character’s ilvl, if I remember correctly.