Disable loot spec changing or give it a CD

As title says, disable loot specialization changing, or give it a hefty cooldown.

I am SO sick of losing gear to people who DO NOT need loot, MOST especially losing gear to people who are not even performing that spec in raid, i.e losing rashoks heart to a freaking ret paladin, or ashkhandur to tanks and healers, this is unacceptable and obviously people cannot be expected to not be degenerate loot who—s.

There is absoloutely ZERO reason a dps should be rolling and beating a healer for trinkets such as this case.

While we’re at it, run an ILEVEL check on gear vs drops, love these garbage bags jumping into low end content with 447s rolling on baby gear for transmogs.

Truly if you do this, grow up. You can roll transmog or offspec like everyone else.

3 Likes

LOL, as you say if the game allows it people will do it. Blizz was quite clear about the Group Loot Rules and nothing you’ve described breaks those rules.

You may not find them fair, but you’re not the Game Director so feel free to complain (or play a game you think is more fair!).

5 Likes

Hence the, disable portion of the thread, where its forced to remove the option for jerks to be a little less insufferable. I imagine you didn’t read that far before you started seeing red on people putting a stop to your greed.

Secondly it is objectively garbage behavior and literally the definition of unfair.

I earned that on my Blood DK thank you very much.

Here’s the thing, come close, come closer, CLOSER. Lots of people play more than 1 spec of their class.

You can only roll need if that specific item is higher ilvl/rank than what you have, so it doesn’t matter that they got a bunch of good stuff elsewhere, that particular item was still an upgrade for them.

9 Likes

i do this quite often… there are color tints of gear in LFR that i want for my collection… so i join the LFR group, i help to down the boss and i have every right to roll need on that loot as you do.

i wanted to the LFR blue tint of ashkandur, so i went into LFR, downed neltharion, rolled need on ashkandur.

5 Likes

I play with a guild, there are rules beyond the dev team’s weak-sauce rules that upset you so much.

I’ve argued in favor of a return to personal loot… less drama. I don’t think it will happen though.

As to your suggestion, if LOTS of people piled on this same concept, maybe they might consider it. However, it’s there to accommodate guilds that have a main-tank or main-healer doing a DPS role for a particular boss; the devs want those players to still get loot for their main-spec and the devs don’t care about loot in LFR that much.

The people rolling on your loot might not need anything in their main spec, want their off spec toys and transmog gear, can’t roll for it in their main raid, and that’s why they’re stealing your gear in a pug.

Key word here is pug. The loot is fair game for whatever reason someone might want it. Overgeared people tend to correlate to a better pug experience so no one except undergeared people tend to care what they roll for. Since undergeared people don’t really contribute much to the group, no one really cares what they think or need

You seem like one of those undergeared people no one cares about. Why don’t you try finding a guild so you dont have to pug anymore… might be surprised to find that a side effect of having a halfway decent guild is you won’t be undergeared anymore.

1 Like

The one exception so fair.

Untrue, I have encountered dozens of folks with say 447 crafted gear rolling on tier tokens, it does not in fact stop them or account for the higher ilevel.

You can roll on the gear you are currently playing. If you aren’t bothered enough to play in the spec you’re rolling loot on for, then you don’t have business rolling need from the folks who are.

1 Like

the loot rule is this:

if you have the SAME item at a higher ilvl, you cannot roll need on a lower ilvl version of that SAME item.

so if i had heroic ashkandur, i could not roll need on LFR ashkandur… however, if i had a 447 crafted two handed sword, i would still be able to roll need on LFR ashkandur. Which is what i did: i made sure i got LFR ashkandur before getting heroic ashkandur so that I could still roll need on the LFR version.

so if a person with a 447 crafted item on their chest wants a LFR tier chest token, that person is able to roll need for it.

3 Likes

No it does not stop them because that’s allowed by the Dev’s rules.

What the rules do prevent is you rolling on the exact named piece that you already have at a higher ilvl… not just any piece at a higher ilvl, the exact same piece. Got crafted 447 chest? Then you can roll on any tier-chest. Got a 447 trinket from M+, but none from Raid? Then you can roll on any Raid trinket.

1 Like

You’ve clearly missed the point, that these folks in fact do not need ,by definition of having a clearly better and obviously desired piece already far above it, said tier token, and are rolling for transmog. That is the entire point. And the restriction does not stop them in this case.

no im not missing the point, i understand completely… because i do this, i go into LFR with higher ilvl because i want the LFR tints of tier and i roll need on it even if i have a 447 crafted item in that slot.

Key word there, TOKENS which is not gear, it turns into it. Which is an oversight i admit.

Then we’d have a lot fewer people playing more than 1 spec since they’d never be able to gear up properly.

Congratulations on being that guy then i guess?

ohhhh It’s exact piece, I missed that restriction.

ilvl is seasonal, Mog is forever

10 Likes

im just letting you know that going into LFR as an overgeared person is a legitimate reason for doing LFR.

the overgeared person helps to carry the group, it’s only logical that they get rewarded for their efforts.

you are not entitled to the LFR gear more than they are simply because they took the initiative to get higher ilvl gear elsewhere in the game.

2 Likes

also one might argue that the people wanting mog from LFR should have a higher priority than people trying to gear up in LFR because there are numerous ways in the game to get gear higher ilvl than LFR (time rifts, dream surges, forbidden reach rares) and you can only get LFR tints in LFR.

2 Likes

Your only hope is to continue to suggest to Blizz to make it to where you cannot roll NEED on a piece of gear if you own any piece of that type at that ilevel or higher.

I laid out all the logical reasons (like… there is a transmog roll RIGHT THERE) but until Blizz specifically restricts it, people don’t care.

I gave up. People can rationalize whatever they want. If they aren’t specifically disallowed to do something, they assume everyone should be perfectly fine with them doing it.

How do you know they don’t need it? How do you know that DPS isn’t usually a tank or healer and just doesn’t want to deal with it in LFR but still wants some specific pieces to upgrade?

Incorrect. See above.

Yes, I believe you should if you think this attitude you’re displaying is somehow any better.

2 Likes