my hunter has lost the ability to tame direhorns. i had gotten the tome of dinomancy 7 months ago for this character when i leveled it up. incapable of taming direhorn. so i went to farm a new tome just in case race changing to Dracthyr did something and i cant use the tome either(and yes i was in BM spec just in case but it wasnt needed as of legion)
Being BM was never needed for taming Direhorns, they have always been a skill tame can be tamed regardless of spec
either way my problem exists
All my other hunters learned it i even JUST made a void elf hunter i was able to use the tome but NOT my dragon very odd
I have the exact same problem. On my Dracthyr BM hunter, I cannot tame direhorns. Have several copies of the Tome of Dinomancy and none of them work. Every time I log in, I click on the tome, thinking maybe the problem has been corrected, to no avail.
I am still having issues with Direhorn taming on a Vulpera Hunter - this is insane.
Did you ever find a solution? I just came back…have a direhorn in my stable but i cannot tame them now???
Your best bet is the bug report forums. Blizz devs give 0 concern to what’s posted elsewhere.
There’s a script that you can run to know what you can tame:
Since there are 5 different pet families that require tomes to tame in Shadowlands and I couldn’t remember which ones my hunter has learned, I made a quick macro to check. I thought I would share it with everyone.
It will list each of the 5 families. Then it will have a Yes if you already know the tome or No if you have not learned it yet.
/script a={‘Blood Beasts’,‘Direhorns’,‘Mechanicals’,‘Feathermanes’,‘Cloud Serpents’}; b={288956,138430,205154,242155,340826} for c = 1, 5 do print(format(‘%s: %s’, a[c], IsPlayerSpell(b[c]) and ‘\124cff00ff00Yes\124r’ or ‘\124cffff0000No\124r’)) end
Same, can’t tame the new Direhorns in Haradar. Race changed a few times too, still nothing. I have two already tamed in my stable from Dragon flight and MoP too.
So the problem that’s been observed is that race changing takes away the ability to tame direhorns. The race that I know for a fact this is, is race changing to dracthyr will remove the skill from your hunter.
If you race changed and loss the ability tame you will need to go back to the isle of giants and get the tome again to tame them again. This seems to only impact direhorn taming,