Directx 12 issue

while playing Wrath of the Litch king classic i get flashing black screens like my monitor was changing resolutions or switching between resolutions, this would happen mostly in a Battle ground, often making the game unplayable

switching to directx 11 avoided the issue for me and I’ve not had a single issue since

CPU 5800x
GPU 3080ti 4k 144hz

Update your Windows and Nvidia drivers. Windows should be on 21H2(or 22H2 that just went public today) and your Nvidia drivers should be on 516.94.

If it’s a whole screen blank, where it all goes black, it means your driver is probably crashing and restarting. Or you could have a loose cable from your GPU to your monitor.

i updated windows and switched out the DP cable, Nvidia is up-to-date.

75% of the time it mostly happens when i toggle the map off and on.
again no issues with DirectX11 at all its just Dx12

Try this:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/~/after-updating-to-nvidia-game-ready-driver-461.09-or-newer%2C-some-desktop-apps

Run the disable one, reboot the PC and try WoW again. See if it fixes it.

If it doesn’t work, then run the enable one to put it back the way it was and reboot the PC again.

i’d rather not mess with the registry unless i really have too, Dx11 is working fine

i reinstalled the Nvidia drivers
i may reinstall WoW next, any other ideas?

Understandable, the option is there if you want to try though. It’s literally a single reg key.

Nope, if you’ve done a driver reinstall, pretty much the only other thing you can do is a DDU driver reinstall, which fully wipes out any remnants of the drivers or saved settings(it’s like the clean install option on steroids and you run it in safe mode).

You can post a DXDIAG though, it might show if the driver is actually crashing, which can then help us with troubleshooting. If the driver isn’t crashing, it’s most likely the Windows MPO bug.

i’m having the flashing black screens in Dx11 now… not as often as Dx12 i may just reinstall windows 10 at this point, i’m starting to think it maybe my video card or windows at this point, but i’ve not had any trouble with any other games so idk

Well I’d at least give the Nvidia reg key fix a try, before doing that. You just download the two files from the Nvidia link I posted and double click the disable one. It will bring up a warning prompt, say yes to it and reboot. It only edits a single key and you can always undo it if it doesn’t work by running the enable one and rebooting.

i boost locked my video card to 2000 HMz and its helped and temps are good around 60c

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.