Dire wolf form

Released in patch 1.12. Your entire argument is now invalid.

Uh. Totally missed what I said.

Do people not understand what “branching off” means? Can’t branch off of classic from BFA. The story has jumped the shark.
Can’t ask BFA to bring back Cairne/Voljin/Varian(who wasnt even in game in vanilla anyway…)/Magni/the Aspects/the Zandalari who were allies and not changed to be enemies/I could go on.

Im asking for new content to be built off of classic. Ffs stop raging at people about ruining classic and read. I want a “branching off”, not an “evolution”.

Why would you even be threatened by people asking for this? Classic is a done deal and needs no changes so wont need developers, its not like having them making new stuff is going to be detrimental to your classic experience…

Which makes my point. If they messed up getting that far. Do you really think they’d do better making changes here?

1 Like

You’re right.

I guess all anyone that’s a fan of the vanilla mechanics can do is hope for the best.

My hope is that they’d branch either before BC or after Wrath and leave flying at Draenor.

They’d be foolish to ignore the number of people that would willingly retire forever in a Classic TBC tho. Purely from a business perspective.

Ok, I’ll bite, even though I think this is a big fat classic vs classic+ troll…

Were in patch 1.12.
~https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.0

Here is a thread:

And another thread:

So, what version of vanilla is the “true” one?

Depends on the opinion of the person behind the keyboard.
And that will never get resolved.

I could argue that when I played in vanilla, the green dragonkin in swamp of sorrows were elites. Since they arent elites in classic, not vanilla!

I’m not happy about AV not going to be the 1.6 (?) epic multiple day battle it used to be; not vanilla!

Yeah, yeah.

I think they should make these kinds of changes and more to fix the current expansion. Since that’s been their laboratory that is where this kind of stuff should happen. Rumor is they’re already planning a level squish to take BFA back to the 1-50 range and make 51-60 the next expansion level.

The more they fix current expansion level the less they’ll need multiple types of servers really. Not that they would be planning on it because of costs. Still the more they make modern content appealing the less likely another “classic” setup will be needed. That will require a lot of work on their part though.

I think that whenever I am reading a thread and see the reply ‘No changes’ with nothing else to it, from now on I’m going to list a change I would like to see.

For example, I’d like to see bards. It is an rpg staple that I’m sure would be welcomed by many from Bloodsail.

2 Likes

Yes I would like Shaman to be able to tank effectively.

No I don’t want this weird dire wolf thing you’re on about.

Edit: also in reply to the person above me, I’d absolutely love bards. Been waiting like 12 years now. I’ll still never forgive blizzard for getting my hopes up with that joke. Bard is my favorite archetype. They did me dirty.

2 Likes

My main in FFXIV was a bard, so fun to play.

1 Like

There’s a reason why It’s called WoW Classic and not WoW Alternate.

But its not wow vanilla.

They’re not devoting resources to have two separate games with constant updates.

Bards would be sweet. I’ve always thought that the BeastMastery spec for hunters should behave like the EQ Beastlord where you can buff different pet classes and do some viable dungeon tanking.

1 Like

*citation needed

If the revenue opportunity is there, they’ll do a lot of things.

Isnt that what game companies do tho?

vanilla 1.12 had battlegroups actually.

the only real diff is layering which will be gone in phase 2. supposedly.

but do go on, i’d like to hear more about all these changes that dont’ consist of issues from using the legion version of servers. make it something noteworthy though, not ‘infernals dont’ murder newbies’. however much i’d prefer that to be in, it doesnt’ impact classic much.

fear would likely be the only noteworthy one. that i’m aware of anyways and that’s minor at best.

Apparently “branching off of classic” means recreating Legion? Ok.

Thats cool. Enhance shaman were fun in legion.

i’m just going to assume you aren’t aware they’re using the code/architecture from legion servers. the only other reason would be that you’re trolling.

Classic+ is the future and we’re taking a stand against the no changes people. we will drive them back to private servers…and if you want to get technical…there’s already been changes. No changes people are bad for classic and will kill it in the long run.