Dire Beast DPS is absolutely pathetic

I’ve been testing the left side talents on beta. I invest a total of 6 points into Dire Beasts (Dire Beast, Dire Command, Dire Frenzy, and Dire Pack) and my dire beasts hit like wet noodles. They auto for 400 damage at a time and make up less than 1% of my DPS.

At first I thought my addon simply wasn’t registering the damage but it turns out I had trouble noticing it because it was so measly. Has Blizzard said anything about this? I reported this “issue” in game but I’m not sure if this is intentional.

I understand taking just 1 point into dire beast for the 5% haste buff but investing 5 additional points for the dire beast to be this weak seems like an oversight.

Edit: After testing the right side talents (Call of the Wild and Wild Instincts), I feel like this is equally true for the other side. These capstones are incredibly disappointing.

2 Likes

So basically they aren’t tuned correctly?

They’ve always hit for essentially no damage. The point of Dire Beast is the Haste, but apparently the devs don’t know this because they added a bunch of talents that increase the number and damage of Dire Beasts. It’s honestly hilarious how little they know about their own game.

3 Likes

Ever since they reworked the ability, going from Legion to BfA, yes.

1 Like

I assumed that they’d up the damage of them for Dragonflight, because they’re worthless on live. Guess I was wrong lol

Not the wording of the tool tip that’s for sure. I think the Rodent the old Gun threw at your target did much more DPS Lol

And Just imagine This was further reduced by another 35% overall if you had taken the old version Animal Companion talent.

Certainly is NOT the old Beast Cannon from Legion People were envisioning that’s for sure

1 Like