Digsites not showing in Pan and other zone

I’m having an odd problem, only happening on one character. My dig sites and map shovels aren’t showing in Pan, Outlands, and Northrend Dalaran. Looks like they’re showing in all the other zones.

So far:

• I’ve toggled the digsites on and off on the mini map.

• Toggled the digsites off and on on the world map.

• Disabled all addons.

• Reloaded my UI.

• Checked that I have Archaeology in Pan, etc. I do.

• Even did a scan/repair on WoW

Again, this is only happening one character. I haven’t checked them all, but my other chars seem okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

6 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem. I was leveling a alt with alchemy for vial of shifting sands then none of my dig sites were showing up even doing the same troubleshooting methods.

It’s been a year since this post was first…posted…and I am having the same problem in Pandaria and Outlands, but I can see dig sites in Draenor without a problem. Will no GM come in and reply to the message as to why this has been ongoing for a year now?

Is your earned Archaeology level at least 300 (maybe 275 as that was the usual start for Outland for other professions before the split)? I think it is around 500 for Pandaria before those sites show up.

My archaeology is 700, maxed out. It doesn’t make sense that I can see Draenor but not Outlands or Pandaria. It’s been this way since one of the patches of Battle for Azeroth, if not the beginning of BfA, and the character revamp with Shadowlands didn’t fix it.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem in Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor but can see digsites in Kul Tiras.

Okay clearly this issue still hasn’t been resolved because I just went on my hunter to do the archeology daily in the arboretum for the Cloud Serpent rep and no dig sites are showing up in Pandaria but all the sites in draenor, kalimdor, EK, and broken isles are showing up. But none of the other zones.

2 Likes

Bizarre we are on the same quest set at around the same time with this thread dormant for 6+ months. But I came in via search, saw your post a few hours after you posted it…got around to writing a comment to state the TL/DR: of confirming the issue is there for my toons too. and I have a hypothesis on what’s up…

I had originally picked up an archeology quest in Pandaria for “Research Project: The Mogu Dynasties” - I mention it bc the digsites have been zapped for me for months in trying to do that quest. FWIW, i think i can also see them on most, if not all, other continents. but add on the Cloud Serpent piece and I started to look into it more carefully

On “Research Project: The Mogu Dynasties” - I also note that there are a number of annoyed ‘older’ comments on wowhead along lines of “how do i get this quest?” / “why did i get it?” / “how do i do it” - relevant from that, I filtered out that the quest is NOT limited to archeologists, i.e. the in-game workflow for the quest is not appropriately logical…it doesn’t assign it ONLY if you CAN do it. that’s where i think the bug starts to come in

So on over to OotCS and the “Fragments of the Past” daily. Even though I know I read they had ‘disabled’ the restriction on digsites by level with a patch at some point, there was a comment as late as 2020 that the Pandaria sites still weren’t showing for toons below a certain archeology level (it said 525, but i think that’s been squished down?)

Checked out whether the issue was present w/ some of my other toons, as reffed earlier in the thread. No digsites come up for others of them either (but haven’t checked ALL of 'em). My Arch is moderately leveled on all my toons…no experts…makes me wonder if the restriction to “high levels” is unintentionally present

So that’s my working theory / hypothesis / whatever - it’s a bug that still requires X level arch for Pandaria. wouldn’t be insanely unlikely as i notice there’s a lot of fine-grained professions stuff trotted out for MoP, like with Cooking. my guess is the level restriction stayed in some way, or crept back in as a bug for that continent (only?) even though they tried to make professions easier and more streamlined

6/14/22 - Having the same issue. Hunter, no skill points in arch yet. Trying to do the quest for Cloud Serpent. No dig sites show in in Pandaria. They show up fine in other zones. This issue has been open for years now. Sadly, this has become typical for MicroActiBlizz. The list of bugs that stay broken for years on end just grows and grows.

Edit. Hopped on a toon with very high-level arch. Has mounts, pets, achievements, etc. Dig sites are not showing up in Mists for him either. I say this with the love of someone who has been playing for 15 years. Blizzard, please fix your %!@$.

2 Likes

Still an issue…

1 Like

Is there a fix? I am trying to get a toy but can’t see anything in Northrend. Come on, Blizzard. Are you really that lazy. :anger: :rage:

Can’t get to see Northrend’s either :< why is there no official answer?

Its now Sept 11, 2023 and this is still an issue. Trying to do rep with the order of the cloud serpent and cant do the “Fragments of the past” quest. And i was nearly maxed out on this toon archeology-wise. She was my main toon until BFA.

C’MON BLIZZARD- do better for your PAYING CUSTOMERS!