Digsite progress bar missing

When I am working on an Archaeology digsite, the digsite progress bar is missing. This is happening across multiple characters on my account.

Is there a frame for this in HUD Edit Mode I may have inadvertently disabled? I use a customized action bar layout across my multiple characters, which I customized through HUD Edit Mode.

1 Like

You can run the following to see where the bar is located (it fades after a second or two but you can run the code more than once.

/run ArchaeologyFrame_LoadUI() ArcheologyDigsiteProgressBar:Show()

If you can’t see the progress bar flash on-screen then most likely an addon has done something with it.

Maybe also (after using a digsite) run the following to see which frame it is currently anchored to and the offsets

/run local p, r, t, x, y = ArcheologyDigsiteProgressBar:GetPoint(1) print(p, r:GetName(), t, x, y)
3 Likes

I appreciate the response. I couldn’t locate the digsite bar using those codes, but when I switched to one of the prefab HUD layouts the bar reappeared.

It appears that the digsite bar is not a configurable part of the HUD, and furthermore that creating a custom HUD layout removes the digsite bar.

1 Like

I had this same problem and the /run command didn’t work for me, the fading wouldn’t have pleased me either, but I altered a previous macro I had, and tagged in the :Show() argument and it worked well.
I use it as a survey button and it also lets me put the bar where I want (away from the castbar).

#showtooltip
/script ArcheologyDigsiteProgressBar:SetPoint("BOTTOM", 0, 250):Show()
/cast Survey
1 Like

Actually it is part of the built in UI. There is a checkbox for it at the bottom of the “HUD Edit Mode” panel.

The digsite progress bar wasn’t adjustable via edit mode 7 months ago when that post was made.