Diffuse magic question

Hello this question is mainly aimed at pvp but it probably works same in pve so it might be useful to both. I’m just not 100% sure how this spell works.

I’m not sure if it’s something you have to pop proactively or if it’s a reactive cooldown.

Let’s use mindgames for an example bc that’s a scary spell that you would want to use diffuse magic on. Do you have to push the button prior to the cast? Or can you hit it after the mindgames is on you and still send it back?

Also what are some other big spells that can be sent back to the original caster?

I’m trying to get away from defaulting into inner strength bc it’s a passive and one less button to push bc I feel like diffuse magic has some really niche uses and I don’t wanna limit myself.

Thank you in advance

Hey man.

Yeah its a handy spell that has some good uses.

It can be used both proactively and reactively. For instance with mindgames you want to use it after the debuff hits you so it reverses onto him. If you do it prior then the mind games hit wont do as much dmg but you will still get hit by the debuff which u don’t want.

Times where u want to use it proactively are usually when u see a big dmg cd and u want to diffuse high hp to reduce dmg u can’t los. Like mage combust, incarn convoke, ele cds etc.

Also if your about to be ccd on a go u can pre diffuse.

It has other cool uses like u can reverse another monks karma dot onto them.
If you have a guaranteed kill u can even diffuse yourself out of alot of roots. This isn’t good though and very risky lol.

Watch out using diffuse against aff locks. When u dispell ua it will hit u hard. U can karma first to put the dispell dmg hit onto him with the dots or diffuse high so u don’t die from the dmg.

Ps. Try dampen harm out too when u don’t need diffuse. Often it’s better than inner strength.

Hope that helped, sorry if I went overboard!

4 Likes

Sounds like how it can be used in PvE as well. Found out that it does pretty good damage on Devos if you use it when she gives you the Lingering Doubt DoT.

1 Like

no thank you that was very helpful

1 Like

in pve its very helpful for removing magical effects, and can do surprising amounts of damage when you get hit by cast dots. I think lich boss in Top, devos, trash in spires, caster trash in sanguine, and a few others are the main practical targets for it. In pvp its case by case one thing to note is that if you are facing a shadow priest or aff lock you will get the negative effects for removing vampiric touch(2 second fear) or unstable affliction (silence+mitigated massive hit). As said in the thread though it removes basically any magic effect including some of the covenant dots and is especially good for returning mind games, but its also really strong as a defensive and can/should be used as such for example when a mage pops combust and is targeting you its not worth trying to give them back the ignite because you’ll probably die.