Different Pet Breeds

Is it just me or does it bother anyone else that when buying a pet from a vendor with charms or gold regardless of the name that there are different breeds available, but the one we ALWAYS seem to get is the B/B breed? Then of course we have to waste more charms or gold trying to get the breed we want ?

1 Like

oh yeah, but that’s part of collecting
what REALLY bugs me is that there are multiple breeds for some of the achievement pets from very early on and they will not go back and make them all the same breed.
I also find it really irritating that some pets cannot be deleted or removed from the collection I don’t collect anything that is not currently attainable and there is no way to remove those from my collection.

these 2 things bother me the most with respect to the pet collection everything else i can deal with.

THISSS. The China/EU/Taiwan pets need to go away. I’m in the US, on a US server. They aren’t available to me. I don’t want the clutter >:(

2 Likes

I ask in guild, and trade for the ones I want, + a little gold for their time…… lurn to MMO, how many of your guildies actually battle? none? like every other guild? finding ppl to trade, is easy, cuz 99.9999% of the wow base don’t care about pets, or their breeds.

Pet battling is popular in most of the guilds I’m in, and in my main Alliance guild everybody pet-battles. (I have toons spread over a couple of dozen realms.)
Of course that might be just because like tends to attract like, but none of my guilds have been chosen because of pet battling.

There is one guild i’m in where I have no idea if anyone else pet battles - because it’s a South American one and I can’t understand what anyone else says unless we use google translate. But they’ve managed to be very nice to me despite that.

in my experience, that’s not typical. Try finding a hard core raiding guild, that would let you join as a casual, that doesn’t raid(unless you want) I find most hard core raiders are too buzy farming raid mats/M+'s to care about pets.

Hard core raiders are only a small proportion of WoW players, and with the work involved I wouldn’t be surprised if most don’t pet battle. But as you said, they’d probably not be inviting me anyway - unless I was a devoted support person, providing flasks and enchantments.

I think the developers should add a “Mutating Battle-Stone” consumable that rerolls a pet’s breed and sell it for Polished Pet Charms.

Marked Flawless Battle-Stones cost 15. Ultimate Battle-Training Stones cost 60. So this “Mutating Battle-Stone” should have a cost in that range. Perhaps the cost should be on the lower end since you wouldn’t be guaranteed to roll the breed that you want.

3 Likes

Some of us worked really hard to collect breeds. I collect specific breeds for every pet and for those battle pets with 10 breeds; Yep, I started a lot of battles to find the right breed. Some of the rare pets are a bit of work to attain 1 of much less the breed you want. Even more so, when you decide you want a different breed and go back and do it again!

While the idea a mutating battle stone would be a nice catch up mechanic for new pet battlers. It should not be cheap, as it could be really valuable on some of the AH pets that go for lots of gold. (though perhaps it could be made to not work on all tradeable pets)

If it was made to not work on tradeable pets, and it changed to a random breed (excluding the current one) (maybe with the loss of 1-3 levels in the process), I’d say then around 25 to 40 charms sounds about right.

I really don’t like the idea of such a mutating stone working on tradeable pets. It would take quite a bit away from the collecting game. If it did I wouldn’t like to see it for any less than about 150 to 250+ charms for such a stone.

just my opinion. YMMV; while were talking pet charms, there should be SOMETHING useful to spent the old shiny charms on, bandages, treats, or leveling stones even if priced a little higher than they used to be.

Introducing a mutating stone would not prevent those who like trying to collect breeds on their own from doing so, even on cageable pets. Go kill that boss til he drops the breed you want, go buy the vendor pet til you get that P/P moth! I totally respect players who want to collect/farm/etc and get it on their own - it’s a sense of accomplishment. But if Susy over there wants to just stone her pet til she gets the right breed? It doesn’t affect me at all.

Also, can you explain why doing this would be negative for the AH pets a little better? We can rare-ify and level them, which I don’t personally see as any different to re-breeding them, and I don’t feel like it’s had any particular affect on anything, except that a rare or leveled pet will usually cost you more. Different breeds already cost more as is, so I’m not really following why you brought that up. Sorry, but I am interested in reading more :slightly_smiling_face:

Which ones are you talking about?

I haven’t tested this enough times to know for certain, but I suspect (given my experience trying to find a P/P Autumnal Sproutling, which comes in all breeds) is that the breeds are sold in a particular order.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Devs were making us buy B/B first before we get something better.