Did you prepare NR gear?

Did you have the foresight to get NR gear? What about Frost Resist gear for Sapphiron in Naxx?!

No

10chars

I have my NR set, but no idea when the gates are going to open…turn ins are only 27% complete.

Mage needs no NR.

Yes. Anyone that’s going to soak for Huhuran should. Only frost gear I have is a belt from Scholo that I kept because firemaw got me in the mindset of noticing well itemized resist gear.

5 Likes

Not necessary, but it’s helpful, or so I’m told to have about 100 NR

Incorrect. Its helpful on Visc, particularly for alliance

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll want to use crappy frost resist on Sapphiron. You’ll want the actual crafted epic stuff in phase 6.

You’d give up way too much throughput putting on frost resist greens.

The boss has 3.5 million HP it has to actually die at some point.

2 Likes

No need to stack resist gear for a raid I’m not entering before I expire. Last time around I already did all of AQ on 2 different chars and most of Naxx. I had my frost resist gear created and 100 major frosts/juju in the bank but the realm sunk before we ever reached those bosses. I paid my classic dues already.

To those who have been there before - how much should the average tank be stacking for Huhuran?

Optimal tank nr is close to zero your raid should be soaking to make the enrage easier to heal through.

I think the tanks go mitigation as opposed to resists?—and the soakers need 200 NR resist recommended. I’m not positive though—maybe one of these other tankbois can elaborate.

I am picking up as much as I can just in the event I’m not the MT. I’m deep prot. There are fury prot warriors who might be better suited for this fight.

It depends on your raid. To be honest she melted so fast that the resist hear wasn’t much of an issue. They all had around 200ish buffed but she doesn’t volley until 30% and from 30 to dead was so fast I think 0 would have been fine.
Now viscidus on the other hand… his volley is super annoying plus the stacking DoT plus being ally plus frost wands not working until the hot fix…

Most competent guilds required it in advance. Don’t confuse competent with pro guilds. They’re on an entirely different level.

The tank can stand back a little from Huhu and still attack, so as long as the tanks are ahead of 15 melee they wont take volleys and dont need NE

Tauren race. Master race. +10 Nature Resist. /flex

1 Like

This is known brother.

Also mulgore is BiS, but keep it a secret.

2 Likes

Dwarf is best race for Sapph!

If I was on your server I would definitely be going for the Scarab Lord lol